    once before I "Imported" the backup file and ended up having double
    bookmarks. Gag!

    Thanks for help on this item,

    Baldy, Mar 10, 2007

  2. Baldy

    Lukan Guest

    Baldy wrote:
    > How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
    > exported from FF recently? This operation always scares me because
    > once before I "Imported" the backup file and ended up having double
    > bookmarks. Gag!
    >
    > Thanks for help on this item,

    If it's just one thing why don't you just go to the site and then
    bookmark it again?

    .... if you have forgotten the site address open your bookmarks.html,
    click it, then bookmark it again.

    - Or have I misunderstood.

    Lukan, Mar 10, 2007

  3. Baldy

    Guest

    On Mar 9, 5:22 pm, "Baldy" <> wrote:
    > How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
    > exported from FF recently? This operation always scares me because
    > once before I "Imported" the backup file and ended up having double
    > bookmarks. Gag!
    >
    > Thanks for help on this item,

    its a long way but I know of no other. Make a backup copy of the
    bookmarks.html file. Now, edit one of them and remove all the other
    bookmarks except the one you need.

    Now, if you want the rest of them, replace the backup copy with the
    edited one.

    , Mar 10, 2007
  4. Baldy

    Baldy Guest

    On Mar 9, 10:28 pm, wrote:
    > On Mar 9, 5:22 pm, "Baldy" <> wrote:
    >
    > > How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
    > > exported from FF recently? This operation always scares me because
    > > once before I "Imported" the backup file and ended up having double
    > > bookmarks. Gag!

    > > Thanks for help on this item,

    > its a long way but I know of no other. Make a backup copy of the
    > bookmarks.html file. Now, edit one of them and remove all the other
    > bookmarks except the one you need.
    >
    > Now, if you want the rest of them, replace the backup copy with the
    > edited one.

    Thank you Peter, that's the type reply I was looking for. Lukan's was
    a bit off the mark probably because I didn't fully explain myself,
    which wasn't his fault. ;-)

    I should have thought of it myself, but for whatever reason I was head
    up and locked.

    Thanks again,
    Don the Bald

    Baldy, Mar 10, 2007
  5. Baldy

    Lukan Guest

    You said :

    "How do I recover only 1 item from the Bookmarks.html file that I
    exported from FF recently?"

    ..... obviously that wasn't what you meant to say.

    Lukan, Mar 10, 2007