    Can anyone recommend a bookmark organizer for Firefox? Mine are a mess and
    I can't seem to get it right with what's built in.

    Thanks... Bob
    Bob Newman, Jun 10, 2007

  2. Bob Newman

    Bob Newman Guest

    I feel like a real idiot but all I'm really trying to do so sort my
    bookmarks alphabetically as IE does, first by folder, then by site. I don't
    know why I should be having so much trouble.

    Also: re:START/FAVORITES from XP I do not get the same bookmark list as in
    Firefox, why?

    Thanks... Bob

    Bob Newman, Jun 11, 2007

  3. Bob Newman

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Bob Newman wrote:
    > I feel like a real idiot but all I'm really trying to do so sort my
    > bookmarks alphabetically as IE does, first by folder, then by site. I don't
    > know why I should be having so much trouble.

    FF bookmark manager is less than robust. You need to create folders in
    your bookmarks manager and drag and drop individual bookmarks where you
    want them.

    > Also: re:START/FAVORITES from XP I do not get the same bookmark list as in
    > Firefox, why?

    Because IE stores every "favorite" as a separate shortcut file on your
    hard disk. FF stores all "bookmarks" in one HTML file in your profile.
    You can import FF bookmarks into IE and vice-versa if you need to keep
    them synced.

    Here are a couple links that might help:

    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_book_org.html

    --
    Ed Mullen