    Yahoo bookmark. Thanks.
    Steve
    southiowa

    Steve IA, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Steve IA

    slacK_ Guest

    Steve IA wrote:
    > I am using my.Yahoo as my home page in FF. The yahoo icon (red Y!) has
    > appeared on two of my bookmarks that are in the bookmark toolbar folder.
    > I can get rid of the Y if I delete the bookmark and add it again.
    > Why/How is Yahoo doing this? How can I get it to stop? I am not using
    > Yahoo bookmark. Thanks.
    > Steve
    > southiowa

    You want to get rid of the red Y?

    In HTML you can specify a icon to use that appears in different places.
    I am not sure if you can completely disable it though.

    slacK_, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    slacK_ wrote:

    > Steve IA wrote:
    > > I am using my.Yahoo as my home page in FF. The yahoo icon (red Y!) has
    > > appeared on two of my bookmarks that are in the bookmark toolbar folder.
    > > I can get rid of the Y if I delete the bookmark and add it again.
    > > Why/How is Yahoo doing this? How can I get it to stop? I am not using
    > > Yahoo bookmark. Thanks.
    > > Steve
    > > southiowa

    > You want to get rid of the red Y?

    Yes, the red Y is adding itself to the right of the bookmark name.

    steve

    Steve IA, Jul 29, 2004
  4. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Steve IA wrote:

    > slacK_ wrote:
    > >
    > > Steve IA wrote:
    > > > I am using my.Yahoo as my home page in FF. The yahoo icon (red Y!) has
    > > > appeared on two of my bookmarks that are in the bookmark toolbar folder.
    > > > I can get rid of the Y if I delete the bookmark and add it again.
    > > > Why/How is Yahoo doing this? How can I get it to stop? I am not using
    > > > Yahoo bookmark. Thanks.
    > > > Steve
    > > > southiowa

    > > You want to get rid of the red Y?

    > Yes, the red Y is adding itself to the right of the bookmark name.
    >
    > steve

    Answering part of my own question.
    Right click on the bookmark. select properties. select tab settings at
    the bottom.
    select referrer and favicon tab. click on empty box next to Icon. click
    clear.
    You may have to restart FF but it will go back to the default 'page'
    icon.

    Steve

    Steve IA, Jul 29, 2004