Bookmark Icons FF.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Kneewax, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Anyone know if its possible to change the bookmark icons in Firefox
    (1.0.2) like you can in IE6. Not crucial issue but it would be nice :)
    Cheers Kneewax
    --
    _____________________________________________________
    History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
    Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
    - Wave Harmonic Theory of
    Historical Perception (DNA)
    _____________________________________________________


    Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!
     
    Kneewax, Mar 29, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Kneewax

    Doug G Guest

    Kneewax wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Anyone know if its possible to change the bookmark icons in Firefox
    > (1.0.2) like you can in IE6. Not crucial issue but it would be nice :)
    > Cheers Kneewax


    How does IE6 change bookmark icons?
     
    Doug G, Mar 29, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Kneewax

    Ranjit Guest

    Doug G wrote:

    > Kneewax wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hi everyone,
    >>
    >>Anyone know if its possible to change the bookmark icons in Firefox
    >>(1.0.2) like you can in IE6. Not crucial issue but it would be nice :)
    >>Cheers Kneewax

    >
    >
    > How does IE6 change bookmark icons?


    Favorites -> Organize Favorites -> Right click a bookmark -> properties
    -> change icon
     
    Ranjit, Mar 29, 2005
    #3
  4. Kneewax

    Doug G Guest

    Ranjit wrote:

    > Doug G wrote:
    >
    >> Kneewax wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>>Anyone know if its possible to change the bookmark icons in Firefox
    >>>(1.0.2) like you can in IE6. Not crucial issue but it would be nice :)
    >>>Cheers Kneewax

    >>
    >>
    >> How does IE6 change bookmark icons?

    >
    > Favorites -> Organize Favorites -> Right click a bookmark -> properties
    > -> change icon


    I guess IE can do it because it's part of the Windows operating system.
     
    Doug G, Mar 29, 2005
    #4
  5. Kneewax

    Ranjit Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Ranjit wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Doug G wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Kneewax wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Hi everyone,
    >>>>
    >>>>Anyone know if its possible to change the bookmark icons in Firefox
    >>>>(1.0.2) like you can in IE6. Not crucial issue but it would be nice :)
    >>>>Cheers Kneewax
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>How does IE6 change bookmark icons?

    >>
    >>Favorites -> Organize Favorites -> Right click a bookmark -> properties
    >>-> change icon

    >
    >
    > I guess IE can do it because it's part of the Windows operating system.


    May be not.
    For sites that have a favicon, FF and IE do set bookmark icon to the
    favicon. I guess it's just the extension of that feature.
     
    Ranjit, Mar 29, 2005
    #5
  6. Kneewax

    Nick Thomas Guest

    Nick Thomas, Mar 30, 2005
    #6
  7. Kneewax

    Brett Mount Guest

    The sirens are screaming and Kneewax is howling way down in
    alt.fan.mozilla tonight:

    }Hi everyone,
    }
    }Anyone know if its possible to change the bookmark icons in Firefox
    }(1.0.2) like you can in IE6. Not crucial issue but it would be nice :)
    }Cheers Kneewax

    You may want to have a look at the Favicon Picker extension, at
    <url:https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-
    464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}>

    --
    Regards

    Brett.
    "Never Stop Rocking"
     
    Brett Mount, Mar 30, 2005
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Galaxy
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    1,264
    .BRIAN.
    Jul 10, 2004
  2. Steve IA

    Bookmark Icons

    Steve IA, Jul 29, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,153
    Steve IA
    Jul 29, 2004
  3. SC
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    2,414
    Leonidas Jones
    Dec 13, 2004
  4. firefox bookmark icons

    , Jan 11, 2006, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    41,626
    Ralph Fox
    Jan 12, 2006
  5. Jeff Wisnia

    Bookmark Icons and browsers?

    Jeff Wisnia, Apr 14, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    504
    ┬░Mike┬░
    Apr 14, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page