    seem to all disappear at the same time for no apparent reason.
    Hints?

    Thanks.

    ric, Apr 9, 2005

  2. ric

    Splibbilla Guest

    ric <> in news::

    > Two questions:
    >
    > 1) Where is the Firefox FAQ kept?

    possibly
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/ ?
    but i've also seen 'unofficial' pages that are full of info.

    > 2) My Firefox BOOKMARKS acquire icons from time to time. Oddly, they
    > seem to all disappear at the same time for no apparent reason.
    > Hints?

    paste
    about:config
    into the url bar ('location' or 'address' bar).
    type
    icon
    into Filter bar that appears below your toolbars.

    see if your variables are set like mine (some of these control whether ico's show in url, tabs, bookmarks, etc)
    browser.chrome.favicons true
    browser.chrome.site_icons true

    seems to be only those two variables.

    --
    1 WinXp,Ff1.0.2 GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabbrowser Preferences, CopyURL, IEView, Conquery(trying),
    and?

    Splibbilla, Apr 9, 2005