    then move into a second column? I just think that's easier than
    dealing with the arrows.

    , Feb 19, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Does anyone know if it's possible in Firefox to change the bookmarks so
    > that it's not one long list? Meaning, instead of having to click on
    > the little arrows to move up and down, it'll get to a certain point
    > then move into a second column? I just think that's easier than
    > dealing with the arrows.

    If you move your bookmarks into folders, the effect is as you wish.
    As you move down the 'list' and hit a folder a sub-menu pops up with the
    bookmarks

    Bookmarks-->Manage Bookmarks

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 19, 2006

  3. gwtc Guest

    wrote:

    > Does anyone know if it's possible in Firefox to change the bookmarks so
    > that it's not one long list? Meaning, instead of having to click on
    > the little arrows to move up and down, it'll get to a certain point
    > then move into a second column? I just think that's easier than
    > dealing with the arrows.

    no, you can't make them into columns. May would very much like that,
    but it doesn't look like it will happen in the near future.

    Anyways, if you follow the advice of Moz Champion (Dan) that is how
    most people do it.

    gwtc, Feb 19, 2006
  4. Guest

    Yeah, I do the folders thing, but within my 'All other links' folder
    there are 1001 bookmarks and I was hoping to be able to see them in
    columns, rather than having to create more folders within that one.
    But if there's no way to make columns, then I'll do what I have to I
    guess. Thanks for the advice.

    , Feb 19, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > Yeah, I do the folders thing, but within my 'All other links' folder
    > there are 1001 bookmarks and I was hoping to be able to see them in
    > columns, rather than having to create more folders within that one.
    > But if there's no way to make columns, then I'll do what I have to I
    > guess. Thanks for the advice.

    If you have 1001 bookmarks in the 'All other links' list, then its about
    time you sorted them into folders <g>

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 20, 2006
  6. Andy Luddy Guest

    wrote:
    > Yeah, I do the folders thing, but within my 'All other links' folder
    > there are 1001 bookmarks and I was hoping to be able to see them in
    > columns, rather than having to create more folders within that one.
    > But if there's no way to make columns, then I'll do what I have to I
    > guess. Thanks for the advice.

    If you don't want to expend too much mental effort, just create a folder
    for each letter of the alphabet. Then periodically sort what you've
    dropped into "All other links" and drag the "A"s into "A", etc. And
    it's pretty easy to remember what folder the links are in.

    --
    Andy Luddy
    Perform appendectomy to reply

    Andy Luddy, Feb 21, 2006