    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

    , Jun 22, 2005

  2. Doug G Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there an extension that causes the bookmarks in Firefox to open in a
    > separate small window, as they do in Mozilla, rather than taking up space
    > on the side of the screen? I've checked several extension sites, but
    > haven't been able to find one.
    >

    > Alan

    Click Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.

    Doug G, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Jowah Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there an extension that causes the bookmarks in Firefox to open in a
    > separate small window, as they do in Mozilla, rather than taking up space
    > on the side of the screen? I've checked several extension sites, but
    > haven't been able to find one.
    >

    > Alan

    You could use bookmark manager and place all or some of your bookmarks
    in the bookmark toolbar.

    Jowah, Jun 23, 2005
  4. Splibbilla Guest

    Doug G <> in

    > Click Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.

    extra bit of usefulness:
    you can choose Manage Bookmarks from the pull down menus. this opens a tree view of bookmarks. Then, in the browser
    window, you can begin navigating thru your folder tree, right click on a folder, Manage Bookmarks. now you have *two*
    simultaneous windows/views of bookmarks. AFIAK, you can have only one view of bkmks in moz.

    --
    Gecko/1.7.8: 20050511, Mozilla1.7.20050.51112, Firefox1.0.4 DeerParkRc1 Trying: Rip, infoRSS
    1 WinXP + FF + GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabmix, IEView, &?

    Splibbilla, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Ed Mullen Guest

    Splibbilla wrote:

    > Doug G <> in
    >

    >>Click Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.

    > extra bit of usefulness:
    > you can choose Manage Bookmarks from the pull down menus. this opens a tree view of bookmarks. Then, in the browser
    > window, you can begin navigating thru your folder tree, right click on a folder, Manage Bookmarks. now you have *two*
    > simultaneous windows/views of bookmarks. AFIAK, you can have only one view of bkmks in moz.

    In the Suite you can simultaneously view the Bookmarks Sidebar and the
    Bookmarks Manager. In both FF and Suite you can also simultaneously use
    the Bookmarks drop-down menu although there's no maintenance able to be
    done from there.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 25, 2005
  6. Splibbilla Guest

    Ed Mullen <> in news::

    > In the Suite you can simultaneously view the Bookmarks Sidebar and the
    > Bookmarks Manager.

    good point

    >In both FF and Suite you can also simultaneously use
    > the Bookmarks drop-down menu although there's no maintenance able to be
    > done from there.

    you can
    drag marks in moz &ff menus.
    hold down shift and drag folders in moz &ff menus.
    rigth click, properties in ff menus.
    can drag from browser to marks manager, but in ff, you have to drop the url onto a folder, not in the list

    i'm sure there are other more 'hidden' moves possible.

    also marks (original title or renamed) can be dragged to windows, but the reverse, dragging a .URL file ("internet shortcut")
    from win shows only the http in marks. (the title is lost)

    Splibbilla, Jun 29, 2005