    publication date is 2003. I would like to know if my edition of this book is
    still valid, and still be used for preparing exam 70-320.

    Thank you in advance for your reply
    Dotnetin, Jul 21, 2005

  2. I bought the book by Amit Kalani for exam 70-316 i am pretty much a newbie
    with getting prepared for the MCAD but i have solid basic skills in
    C#...Which languge are you takeing the exam in???
    --
    Demetrius Power
    Jr. S.Engineer

    KnowledgeISpower, Jul 22, 2005

  3. Dotnetin

    Dotnetin Guest

    I am taking it in C#, too. please allow me to reiterate the question I asked
    below, does anyone know if I my edition of this book witch ISBN US is: 0 7356
    1586 1 and its
    publication date is 2003 is still valid today, and still be used for
    preparing exam 70-320.
    Thank you for your reply
    RespectFully Yours.

    Dotnetin, Jul 22, 2005
  4. Dotnetin

    Raja Guest

    MS books are no good when it comes to certification prep. I recommend Amit
    Kalani's book for exam prep. The Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4

    Good luck !

    --

    Check out www.dotnethangar.com for exam books !

    Raja, Jul 22, 2005
  5. Dotnetin

    Chrisc Guest

    I bought Amit's book too, but don't recommend it. Maybe because it was
    published a couple of years ago now, although it is a good introduction it
    only covers about 50% of the exam material in my opinion. That is to say, it
    does cover the whole exam area, but I found the content to be lacking in the
    details that were asked about in the exam. Definitely needed more on ADO.Net
    for sure.

    Chrisc, Aug 4, 2005
  6. Dotnetin

    Raja Guest

    The book being published a couple of years ago has nothing to do with what
    the exam tests you on. There's a fairly updated errata at
    http://tinyurl.com/b7re7 and there are very few changes between .Net 1.0 and
    1.1

    Also, before starting my preparation for MCP exams, I did go through the
    foll. books and I often recommend these as additional study prep materials.
    (Search for my previous posts on the same subject)
    ADO.Net Book : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9
    Asp.net Unleashed : http://tinyurl.com/6ch54
    Starter C# book : http://tinyurl.com/8cgvl

    Let's be straight about one thing. If you expect Amit's book to "spoon-feed"
    you everything, then you're in the wrong place. It exposes you to the
    different topics and it's upto you to delve into them further with the help
    of MSDN. Also, compared to the Microsoft guide for the same exam, Amit's book
    is far far better (Just read the reviews on Amazon for both) and much focused
    on the exam topics, with a lucid writing style and step-by-step examples.

    So, before ordering me to "don't recommend it", you either suggest a better
    book than Amit's or stop giving mis-information like "it only covers about
    50% of the exam material" !

    - Raja.

    Raja, Aug 4, 2005