    I have an Olympus C-5060.

    Any suggestions?

    thanks
    Carol, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Carol

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Any book on photography will show you a lot. Pop down to the library and
    take home an armload - this is how I started 38 years ago, and it works. If
    you need specific information on digital camera operation by all means buy a
    beginner's book on digital, but once you are out of the complete beginner's
    phase photography is photography and you can use any book --- that doesn't
    spend too much time on chemical darkroom work.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Carol

    Guest

    Carol <> wrote:
    > I need a book to help me understand how and when to use the manual
    > settings on my digital camera. I have no trouble with the software,
    > photo editing, etc. What I know very little about is the actual
    > photography stuff - f stops, exposure, aperture.

    > I always use the camera on automatic settings. I've gotten some
    > wonderful photos but I know I could do more if I understood what I was
    > doing.

    > I have an Olympus C-5060.

    > Any suggestions?

    Check Olympus' web site to see if Olympus offers any books on how to
    use your camera's manual features. The answer about when to use your
    camera's manual features is; however, very simple. When the automatic
    features of your camera do not yield the results you want, try adjusting
    the manual settings. A lot of this simply boils down to experimentation.
    , Dec 27, 2003