    Potomac, Maryland

    E-mail, with obvious alterations:
    not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not
    James Silverton, Oct 12, 2006

  2. On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:23:31 -0400, "James Silverton"
    <> wrote:

    >I might be about to switch from a cable connection to the
    >Verizon fiber optic system (FIOS). This will involve setting up
    >a wireless router. I've looked at a few books and I think I have
    >some idea what is involved but I'd be grateful for suggestions
    >for good books or tutorials on the subject.
    >
    >I'm not currently looking at anything very complicated and
    >initially there would only be a desktop machine about 25 ft from
    >the router with a wood-framed wall in between and a laptop at
    >varying short distances.
    >

    > James Silverton
    >Potomac, Maryland
    >
    >E-mail, with obvious alterations:
    >not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

    Jim, Some pretty good ones have been posted recently at
    alt.binaries.e-book.technical.

    I particularly liked Wireless Home Networking for Dummies, as I'm
    pretty much a novice, and this book expects the reader to be a novice.

    A hard copy should be readily available at local bookstores, or
    Amazon.
    Charlie Hoffpauir
    Charlie Hoffpauir, Oct 12, 2006

  3. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net#Wireless
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 12, 2006
  4. Hello, Jack!
    You wrote on Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:36:14 -0400:

    JMN> Hi
    JMN>May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net#Wireless
    JJMN>ack (MVP-Networking).

    > "James Silverton" <> wrote in
    > message news:...

    ??>> I might be about to switch from a cable connection to the
    ??>> Verizon fiber optic system (FIOS). This will involve
    ??>> setting up a wireless router. I've looked at a few books
    ??>> and I think I have some idea what is involved but I'd be
    ??>> grateful for suggestions for good books or tutorials on
    ??>> the subject.
    ??>>
    ??>> I'm not currently looking at anything very complicated and
    ??>> initially there would only be a desktop machine about 25
    ??>> ft from the router with a wood-framed wall in between and
    ??>> a laptop at varying short distances.

    Thank you both Jack and Charlie!

    I looked at the Dummies book in Borders and decided to buy it. I
    guess I could get it cheaper from Amazon but I'd have to pay
    postage and the net result might be much the same.

    James Silverton, Oct 13, 2006