Book for MCSD.NET

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Franco Figun, May 4, 2004.

  1. Franco Figun

    Franco Figun Guest

    Hello people
    I want to buy this book:

    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements, Exams
    70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-310, 70-320, and 70-300
    by Microsoft Corporation (Author), Microsoft Corporation
    ISBN: 0735619255
    Price: $115.59
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...66639/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/104-1675743-0369535

    But i want to know if is a good book for pass all the exams to be MCSD.NET,
    because the price, here in my country it's high, and i don't want to drop
    off my money....someone can tell me somthing about this book?
    Thanks you to all!

    --
    FF
    www.francofigun.com.ar
    Franco Figun, May 4, 2004

  2. Franco Figun

    Jackie Guest

    Do not waste your time and money on all-in-one books. You
    can spend about the same amount of money(total) getting
    individual books that cover specific topics. The general
    impression here is that

    1) for the C# track, go with Amit Kalani's Training Guides
    from Que Publishing
    2) for the VB track, books by someone name Mike Gunderlay
    have been recommended. However, if Amit Kalani has
    Training Guides (it has to be the ones that say "Training
    Guide" in the title) for VB, then choose those.

    Your money and time will be well spent. I wasted money on
    an all in one. In fact, I wasted money on the Microsoft
    approved courses as well then I learned about Kalani's
    books. Thank goodness I had not yet taken any exams.

    I did not fail a single exam.

    Jackie

    3D1083666639/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-1675743-

    Jackie, May 4, 2004

  3. Franco Figun

    Eric Guest

    Franco Figun wrote:

    > Hello people
    > I want to buy this book:
    >
    > MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements,
    > Exams 70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-310, 70-320, and 70-300
    > by Microsoft Corporation (Author), Microsoft Corporation
    > ISBN: 0735619255
    > Price: $115.59
    > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735619255/qid=1083666639/sr%
    > 3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-1675743-0369535
    >
    > But i want to know if is a good book for pass all the exams to be
    > MCSD.NET, because the price, here in my country it's high, and i
    > don't want to drop off my money....someone can tell me somthing about
    > this book? Thanks you to all!

    I looked at it but I didn't like it. The Kalani and Gunderloy books
    look better to me.

    The MSPRESS books don't seem to cover the material very well for people
    who don't already know much.

    Eric
    Eric, May 4, 2004
  4. Franco Figun

    JWT Guest

    There are other options to dropping alot on books. I typically join an online subscription service that allows you to review certain books. Then I work through the book in an open brower window at the bottom of my screen and VS.Net open at the top. It costs $15 US per month, and at about 1 month per exam (and I go through two books in that time) it is a HUGE bargin

    Jeff
    MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD
    JWT, May 4, 2004
  5. What subscription service do you use?

    Charles

    Charles Green, May 4, 2004
  6. Franco Figun

    Guest Guest