BOOK: Enterprise SOA

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by James McGovern, Sep 25, 2004.

  1. I am the co-author of the bestselling book: A Practical Guide to
    Enterprise Architecture
    (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0131412752/) and seek the
    assistance of ten individuals to provide feedback on an upcoming book
    tentatively entitled: Enterprise SOA

    Of special interest are individuals who are knowledgable in:

    * Security
    * Event Driven Architecture
    * Registries
    * IT Governance

    If interested, drop me a note ( j a m e s at a r c h i t e c t b o o k dot c
    o m) and I will send you a copy in PDF format (Requires Acrobat 5.0 or
    higher).

    NOTE: My spam filter deletes all email from free email services such as
    Yahoo, Hotmail, GMail, etc so use your work email to reply.

    Cheers

    James McGovern
    Number Two Blogger on the Internet
    http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/eai/leadership

    James McGovern, Sep 25, 2004

  2. James McGovern

    johns Guest

    Re: Enterprise SOA

    Based on my post, I wish one of you guys would write
    a jargon-free book on this subject. One that I might
    actually read. I'm part of your target audience ... you
    know ... a paying customer. And, if you are interested,
    I , and a co-worker of the same vintage ( learn by doing ),
    are designing a TRULY secure network for more than
    a 1000 users, and we don't use servers, or logins, and
    we don't sit there all day staring at a screen full of
    wordy meaningless lines of text. We actually talk to our
    users, and sometimes, we even listen to them. We don't
    live in an IT world of our own that is totally self-centered
    on just us. We don't create obscure web pages that
    no user would ever access. And we don't make empty
    promises about what we might be able to do. We do it.
    We even design and build secure computer furniture
    that helps greatly to limit hacking. That is a chapter you
    might include. We don't use words like "Enterprise", much
    less attach obscure initials with it. Who the heck knows
    what that means? Certainly not the people out here
    doing the jobs. Someday, I hope, the last jargon-user will
    transfer into Liberal Arts, and this age of helpless users
    will end !

    johns ( what the heck is Event Driven Archtecture ? )

    johns, Sep 25, 2004

  3. James McGovern

    Ant Guest

    Re: Enterprise SOA

    "johns" wrote...

    > We even design and build secure computer furniture
    > that helps greatly to limit hacking.

    Is it made of metal?

    > ( what the heck is Event Driven Archtecture ? )

    Windows.

    Ant, Sep 26, 2004
  4. James McGovern

    hawklord Guest

    James,

    I would be willing to look at what you have. I am a security analyst for a
    security company.

    Hawk

    hawklord, Sep 30, 2004