BOO! WORM_MIMAIL.C => Subject: Re[2]: our private photos ???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Liz, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Liz

    Liz Guest

    Since this morning, Trend Micro has released two pattern files.
    Make sure your antivirus software is up to date too.

    As of 8:02 AM USPT, Trend has declared a Yellow Alert to
    control the spread of this malware.

    This mass-mailing worm arrives as an email attachment,
    which is a .ZIP file containing the following:

    an .HTML file
    a UPX-compressed Win32 .EXE file
    When the .HTML file is opened, the malware code is executed
    and exploits Internet Explorer's security system vulnerability.
    It then launches the .EXE file, which carries the worm program.

    In the wild: Yes
    Payload 1: Performs Denial of Service attack against specific IP address
    Language: English
    Platform: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
    Encrypted: Yes
    Size of virus: 12,832 Bytes (Compressed)
    28,192 Bytes (Uncompressed)

    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MIMAIL.C&VSect=T

    Subject: Re[2]: our private photos ???
    Message Body:
    Hello Dear!,
    Finally i've found possibility to right u, my lovely girl :)
    All our photos which i've made at the beach (even when u're without ur bh:))
    photos are great! This evening i'll come and we'll make the best SEX :)

    Right now enjoy the photos.
    Kiss, James.
    ??? (Note: ??? is a variable string)

    Liz, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Liz

    Jammer Guest

    BOO on you. Thanks for the info.

    Liz wrote:
    > Since this morning, Trend Micro has released two pattern files.
    > Make sure your antivirus software is up to date too.
    >
    > As of 8:02 AM USPT, Trend has declared a Yellow Alert to
    > control the spread of this malware.
    >
    > This mass-mailing worm arrives as an email attachment,
    > which is a .ZIP file containing the following:
    >
    > an .HTML file
    > a UPX-compressed Win32 .EXE file
    > When the .HTML file is opened, the malware code is executed
    > and exploits Internet Explorer's security system vulnerability.
    > It then launches the .EXE file, which carries the worm program.
    >
    > In the wild: Yes
    > Payload 1: Performs Denial of Service attack against specific IP
    > address
    > Language: English
    > Platform: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
    > Encrypted: Yes
    > Size of virus: 12,832 Bytes (Compressed)
    > 28,192 Bytes (Uncompressed)

    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MIMAIL.
    C&VSect=T

    > Subject: Re[2]: our private photos ???
    > Message Body:
    > Hello Dear!,
    > Finally i've found possibility to right u, my lovely girl :)
    > All our photos which i've made at the beach (even when u're without
    > ur bh:))
    > photos are great! This evening i'll come and we'll make the best SEX
    > :)
    >
    > Right now enjoy the photos.
    > Kiss, James.
    > ??? (Note: ??? is a variable string)

    Jammer

    Jammer, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Liz

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:38:39 GMT, in
    <3Tyob.23914$>
    Liz scrawled:

    >Since this morning, Trend Micro has released two pattern files.
    >Make sure your antivirus software is up to date too.

    <snip>

    Information from other antivirus vendors (for information):

    Symantec (Norton)
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    Kaspersky (KAV)
    http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.html?id=324462

    eTrust (eZ AV)
    http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=37439

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32mimailc.html

    F-Secure
    http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/bics.shtml

    McAfee
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100795.htm

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Liz

    Liz Guest

    Very quick, and very good! :)

    Liz, Oct 31, 2003
  5. Liz

    Liz Guest

    This BOO for you. The pleasure, is mine! :)

    Liz, Oct 31, 2003
  6. Liz

    Sherry Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in message
    > Since this morning, Trend Micro has released two pattern files.
    > Make sure your antivirus software is up to date too.
    >
    > As of 8:02 AM USPT, Trend has declared a Yellow Alert to
    > control the spread of this malware.
    >
    > This mass-mailing worm arrives as an email attachment,
    > which is a .ZIP file containing the following:
    >
    > an .HTML file
    > a UPX-compressed Win32 .EXE file
    > When the .HTML file is opened, the malware code is executed
    > and exploits Internet Explorer's security system vulnerability.
    > It then launches the .EXE file, which carries the worm program.
    >
    > In the wild: Yes
    > Payload 1: Performs Denial of Service attack against specific IP address
    > Language: English
    > Platform: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
    > Encrypted: Yes
    > Size of virus: 12,832 Bytes (Compressed)
    > 28,192 Bytes (Uncompressed)

    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MIMAIL.C&VSect=T

    > Subject: Re[2]: our private photos ???
    > Message Body:
    > Hello Dear!,
    > Finally i've found possibility to right u, my lovely girl :)
    > All our photos which i've made at the beach (even when u're without ur

    bh:))
    > photos are great! This evening i'll come and we'll make the best SEX :)
    >
    > Right now enjoy the photos.
    > Kiss, James.
    > ??? (Note: ??? is a variable string)

    Thanks for alert. Even tho' I keep my anti-virus up-to-date, I got the
    email from james@......com (already!)

    Sherry

    ---

    Sherry, Oct 31, 2003
  7. Liz

    Liz Guest

    "Sherry" wrote:

    > Thanks for alert. Even tho' I keep my anti-virus up-to-date, I got the
    > email from james@......com (already!)

    My pleasure. No luck here!
    I am clean for 4th consecutive year.
    What does a worm look like anyway? :eek:)

    Liz, Oct 31, 2003
  8. Liz

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:29:33 GMT, in
    <xfCob.115206$>
    Liz scrawled:

    http://www.feoamante.com/Gallery/C_Crary/Lamptonworm1.jpg

    http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/legends/lampton_worm.html

    http://www.derwentside.org.uk/edujobs/Leadgatejunior/lambtonworm.htm

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 31, 2003
  9. Liz

    trout Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:29:33 GMT, in
    > <xfCob.115206$>
    > Liz scrawled:
    >
    >> "Sherry" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks for alert. Even tho' I keep my anti-virus up-to-date, I got
    >>> the email from james@......com (already!)

    >> My pleasure. No luck here!
    >> I am clean for 4th consecutive year.
    >> What does a worm look like anyway? :eek:)

    > http://www.feoamante.com/Gallery/C_Crary/Lamptonworm1.jpg

    <snip>

    Much better than the other "artist's conception" that I saw.

    http://www.nobleswan.com/family/images/worm.gif
    --
    "Although, I suppose it's just a question of style."

    trout, Nov 1, 2003
  10. Liz

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:44:45 -0800, in
    <bnuvm6$160q1e$-berlin.de>
    trout scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:29:33 GMT, in
    >> <xfCob.115206$>
    >> Liz scrawled:

    >>> My pleasure. No luck here!
    >>> I am clean for 4th consecutive year.
    >>> What does a worm look like anyway? :eek:)

    >> http://www.feoamante.com/Gallery/C_Crary/Lamptonworm1.jpg

    ><snip>
    >
    > Much better than the other "artist's conception" that I saw.
    >
    >http://www.nobleswan.com/family/images/worm.gif

    I don't know... that has a certain "something" about it.

    --
    "I'll let you know when I find out what."

    °Mike°, Nov 1, 2003
  11. Liz

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Nov 1, 2003
  12. It was on Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:44:45 -0800, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that trout wrote:

    > °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:29:33 GMT, in
    >> <xfCob.115206$>
    >> Liz scrawled:

    >>> My pleasure. No luck here!
    >>> I am clean for 4th consecutive year.
    >>> What does a worm look like anyway? :eek:)

    >> http://www.feoamante.com/Gallery/C_Crary/Lamptonworm1.jpg

    > <snip>
    >
    > Much better than the other "artist's conception" that I saw.
    >
    > http://www.nobleswan.com/family/images/worm.gif

    Hey, I saw that on a school wall, & the kid had
    named it "Mamma"!!

    --
    Weird, or what?

    William Poaster, Nov 1, 2003
  13. Liz

    trout Guest

    William Poaster wrote:

    > It was on Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:44:45 -0800, just as I was halfway
    > through a large jam doughnut, that trout wrote:
    >
    >> °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:29:33 GMT, in
    >>> <xfCob.115206$>
    >>> Liz scrawled:

    >>> http://www.feoamante.com/Gallery/C_Crary/Lamptonworm1.jpg

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Much better than the other "artist's conception" that I saw.
    >>
    >> http://www.nobleswan.com/family/images/worm.gif

    > Hey, I saw that on a school wall, & the kid had
    > named it "Mamma"!!

    Maybe it actually resembles the unfortunate woman. Kids can be so
    cruel.
    --
    "And brutally honest."

    trout, Nov 1, 2003
  14. It was on Sat, 01 Nov 2003 12:15:55 -0800, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that trout wrote:

    <snip>
    >>> Much better than the other "artist's conception" that I saw.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nobleswan.com/family/images/worm.gif

    >> Hey, I saw that on a school wall, & the kid had
    >> named it "Mamma"!!

    > Maybe it actually resembles the unfortunate woman. Kids can be so
    > cruel.
    > --
    > "And brutally honest."

    How true!