Bonded T1s from different carriers?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Joe Matuscak, Jan 3, 2006.

  1. Joe Matuscak

    Joe Matuscak Guest

    I'm looking at setting up bonded point to point T1s (2 each) to our
    remote plants using multilink PPP to increase our bandwidth. I think I
    understand the MLPPP setup, but what I was wondering about is using
    different carriers for each of the T1s to a given site.

    It sounds to me like MLPPP can deal with different latencies on the
    circuits and that if circuit "A" is from (say) Qwest and circuit "B" is
    from (say) Sprint it really shouldnt matter. Correct?

    Are there any drawbacks to this sort of configuration. I can see some
    added "Who you gonna call" abiguities, but other than that? What is the
    realworld expirience with this?

    BTW, The central router is a 3640, the two remotes are 2620's

    Thanks,

    --
    Joe Matuscak
    Rohrer Corporation