    no multilink command in the VWIC controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    Frank

    Frank Toner, Sep 14, 2004

  2. "Frank Toner" <> writes:
    >We are upgrading our Internet access from one to four T-1's. I know that =
    >the VWIC controllers are set:

    >controller T1 0/0
    >framing esf
    >clock source internal
    >linecode b8zs
    >channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

    >And I know I have to configure a multilink interface. Normally I would =
    >go to the interface and add the multilink there, however there is=20
    >no multilink command in the VWIC controller. Any help would be greatly =
    >appreciated.

    You need to make a new multilink interface, assign it to a group ID,
    and then tag your serial interfaces that pop up after your
    channel-groups are setup with the same multilink group ID as your
    multilink interface.
    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Try going to interface se0/0:0 (and I would imagine on se0/1:0, se0/2:0 and se0/3:0) then apply multilink commands as you normally would.

    The :0 represents the channel-group; the serial interfaces get created once the controller is configured, after the channel-group command I believe.

    Richard R. Field, Sep 14, 2004