    Dogg Guest

    w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have been
    able to return results though...
    Dogg, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Dogg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dogg wrote:
    > w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have been
    > able to return results though...

    Yep, the servers are catching up. Two of my machines have full caches now,
    they started getting a few units yesterday. Give it a day or two and
    hopefully all will be well. All my results have been returned. I just keep
    right-clicking on SETI on the projects tab and then clicking 'update now'
    every so often.

    Now all we need is the credit updating. The figures on the team page haven't
    changed for a couple of weeks now.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 6, 2004

  3. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have been
    >>able to return results though...

    > Yep, the servers are catching up.

    two more full caches here... a whole 12 days worth. :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Dogg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have
    >>> been able to return results though...

    >> Yep, the servers are catching up.

    > two more full caches here... a whole 12 days worth. :)

    Excellent.

    I hope your machines 'to completion' time isn't being underestimated though.
    Otherwise you could end up with expired WUs. One of my machines is estimated
    at 3 hrs 55 minutes but actually takes 5 hrs 20-odd minutes. If I set that
    cache to 12 days I'd end up with 'stale' WUs. Another machine is estimated
    at 3 hrs 8 mins but takes 2 hrs 40 mins. The software that does the
    benchmarking and estimation isn't quite right yet.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 6, 2004
  5. Dogg

    steve Guest

    Dogg wrote:

    > w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have been
    > able to return results though...

    I got some work too.....about 12 WUs.....across 3 systems.

    Soon completed.
    steve, Aug 7, 2004
  6. Dogg

    Divine Guest

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 22:10:36 +1200, steve wrote:

    >> w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have been
    >> able to return results though...

    > I got some work too.....about 12 WUs.....across 3 systems.
    >
    > Soon completed.

    Indeed!

    Boinc still seems to be having trouble keeping up with demand for work
    units.

    Divine

    --
    "A life? Sounds great! Do you know where I could download one?"
    Divine, Aug 7, 2004
  7. Dogg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Dogg wrote:
    >
    >> w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have
    >> been able to return results though...

    > I got some work too.....about 12 WUs.....across 3 systems.
    >
    > Soon completed.

    If you go to this URL:

    http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/

    You'll see what they've been up to (and up against). It's quite good,
    Berkeley have finally responded to the complaints that the CPU-cycle donors
    have been kept in the dark. They're attempting to keep the user-base
    informed now.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 7, 2004
  8. Dogg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Divine wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 22:10:36 +1200, steve wrote:
    >
    >>> w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have
    >>> been able to return results though...

    >> I got some work too.....about 12 WUs.....across 3 systems.
    >>
    >> Soon completed.

    > Indeed!
    >
    > Boinc still seems to be having trouble keeping up with demand for work
    > units.

    Yep, see my reply to Steve.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 7, 2004
  9. Dogg

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >> Dogg wrote:
    >>
    >>> w00t! One of my machines got some work :) None of the others have
    >>> been able to return results though...

    >> I got some work too.....about 12 WUs.....across 3 systems.
    >>
    >> Soon completed.

    > If you go to this URL:
    >
    > http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/

    Message of the day:

    August 7, 2004
    The scheduling server is down while we work on a download storage problem.

    I hope it doesn't take too long, I have work for maybe 36 hours on the two
    machines I'm currently running. (Not worth switching the others on until
    it's sorted).
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 8, 2004