BOINC broken again.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Aug 20, 2004

  2. ~misfit~

    steve Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > It might pay anyone running SETI BOINC to switch back to classic for a few
    > days or just switch it off for now. See this site:
    >
    > http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/
    >
    > And in particular this message board post:
    >
    > http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=2810#15515
    >
    > I'm back to running classic for now. No point working for nothing at
    > present, niether science nor credits.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I'm getting to that point, too.

    BOINC has been broken since July 28th.

    Of course...just when you give up, they will fix it.....just as the bus that
    is 15 minutes late will pull up to the stop 2 minutes after you gave up and
    went to the taxi rank.
    steve, Aug 20, 2004

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> It might pay anyone running SETI BOINC to switch back to classic for
    >> a few days or just switch it off for now. See this site:
    >>
    >> http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/
    >>
    >> And in particular this message board post:
    >>
    >> http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=2810#15515
    >>
    >> I'm back to running classic for now. No point working for nothing at
    >> present, niether science nor credits.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~

    > I'm getting to that point, too.
    >
    > BOINC has been broken since July 28th.
    >
    > Of course...just when you give up, they will fix it.....just as the
    > bus that is 15 minutes late will pull up to the stop 2 minutes after
    > you gave up and went to the taxi rank.

    Oh, I'll go back to BOINC when it's fixed. Sooner or later we'll all have to
    anyway as they're stopping classic when BOINC is up and running *properly*.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 20, 2004
  4. ~misfit~