    it seems to happen only 3 out of 5 times when going to this site............
    so far my computer

    is running normally...........

    don, Dec 20, 2009

  2. don

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:07:26 -0500, don wrote:

    > Everytime I go to this friendster.com site I get this bogus virus attack
    > warning and my firefox closes down.... it ask me to save a file and of
    > course I say no
    >
    > this is the http
    > http://windowscanner61.com/1/?sess==2Q5wjDwMS01NCZpcD0xNjYuODQuMS4zJnRpbWU9MTI2NjIwOg0MaQ=N
    >
    > is this something in my registry which I can delete which is causing this,
    > it seems to happen only 3 out of 5 times when going to this site............
    > so far my computer
    >
    > is running normally...........

    Gee thanks for the early warning. Now we know to stay away from your site.

    I had no such thing happen to me when I visited frienster.
    But I do know for a fact that there has been a scam being run by some fool
    who insists your machine is infected and the only way to cure it is buy his
    software. Well duhh dude, you haven't learned by now? It takes a couple of
    days before the domain gets in "the loop". I mean like the domain was
    created TODAY! So how many domain names have you created to sell your crap
    with now?

    richard, Dec 20, 2009

  3. don

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 22:42:22 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 23:22:37 -0700, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Gee thanks for the early warning. Now we know to stay away from your site.
    >>
    >>I had no such thing happen to me when I visited frienster.

    >"it seems to happen only 3 out of 5 times when going to this
    >site............"
    >
    >>But I do know for a fact that there has been a scam being run by some fool
    >>who insists your machine is infected and the only way to cure it is buy his
    >>software.

    >"some fool"? There's hundreds, if not thousands of people (or
    >companies) doing that.
    >
    >>Well duhh dude, you haven't learned by now? It takes a couple of
    >>days before the domain gets in "the loop".

    >"in the loop"? Is that some technical term, like how 300 people share
    >the same IP?
    >
    >>I mean like the domain was created TODAY! So how many domain names have you created to sell your crap
    >>with now?

    >I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the OP really has something
    >not right on their computer. I mean to ask the question the way (and
    >with a link that doesn't work, at least for me), to 'advertise' his
    >site is like saying "I just went to <restaurant name> last night and
    >had the worst case of food poisoning. Anyone else have this problem?
    >
    >Think about it.

    Comes up 404 for me. Too bad richard doesn't.

    --
    True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is
    seldom known until it is lost.

    Mara, Dec 20, 2009
  4. don

    don Guest

    > I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the OP really has something
    > not right on their computer. I mean to ask the question the way (and
    > with a link that doesn't work, at least for me), to 'advertise' his
    > site is like saying "I just went to <restaurant name> last night and
    > had the worst case of food poisoning. Anyone else have this problem?
    >
    > Think about it.

    sorry ............ I had no idea this link didn't work............ it was
    the last address I saw in firefox and just grabbed it but was actually
    afraid to
    try it out again..............

    don, Dec 20, 2009
  5. don

    don Guest

    I usually start typing frien......... in the address bar and my history
    fills the rest in......... I only use firefox and now I see
    your point............. maybe my history link is not really the true link
    which explains why sometimes it happens and sometimes its fine?

    But when I do log in...... it does look like my page but then it goes crazy
    and it looks like a fake scan of my computer alerting me of
    Trogens, etc. etc.

    don, Dec 20, 2009
  6. don

    Mike Easter Guest

    don wrote:
    > Everytime I go to this friendster.com site

    Do you mean specifically the front page http://www.friendster.com/ or do
    you mean some other specific friendster related page unstated.

    > I get this bogus virus attack
    > warning

    Specifically what are you antimalware methods; which AV, which
    antiadware?

    > I usually start typing frien......... in the address bar and my

    history
    > fills the rest in.........

    Don't do that.

    > But when I do log in...... it does look like my page but then it goes
    > crazy and it looks like a fake scan of my computer alerting me of
    > Trogens, etc. etc.

    Check out malwarebytes antimalware if you aren't running it.
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

    There is also a place to submit hijackthis logs
    http://hjt.networktechs.com/

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 20, 2009
  7. don

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:07:26 -0500, don wrote:

    > Everytime I go to this friendster.com site I get this bogus virus attack
    > warning and my firefox closes down.... it ask me to save a file and of
    > course I say no
    >
    > this is the http
    > http://windowscanner61.com/1/?sess=%

    3D2Q5wjDwMS01NCZpcD0xNjYuODQuMS4zJnRpbWU9MTI2NjIwOg0MaQ%3DN

    Which friendster.com site? The link you posted is windowscanner61.com.

    --
    Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,
    And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,

    Aardvark, Dec 20, 2009
  8. don

    John Holmes Guest

    Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:07:26 -0500, don wrote:
    >
    >> Everytime I go to this friendster.com site I get this bogus virus

    attack
    >> warning and my firefox closes down.... it ask me to save a file and of
    >> course I say no
    >>
    >> this is the http
    >> http://windowscanner61.com/1/?sess=%

    > 3D2Q5wjDwMS01NCZpcD0xNjYuODQuMS4zJnRpbWU9MTI2NjIwOg0MaQ%3DN
    >>

    > Which friendster.com site? The link you posted is windowscanner61.com.

    That domain resides happily in my hoasts file.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Dec 20, 2009
  9. don

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-12-20, Mara <> wrote:

    [...]

    > Comes up 404 for me. Too bad richard doesn't.

    According to OpenDNS:

    Nameserver trace for windowscanner61.com:
    Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed
    b.root-servers.net.
    Looking for who is responsible for com and followed e.gtld-servers.net.
    Looking for who is responsible for windowscanner61.com and followed
    ns3.everydns.net.

    Nameservers for windowscanner61.com:
    ns1.everydns.net returned (SERVFAIL)
    ns2.everydns.net returned (SERVFAIL)
    ns3.everydns.net returned (SERVFAIL)
    ns4.everydns.net returned (SERVFAIL)

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 20, 2009
  10. don

    don Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > don wrote:
    >
    > Do you mean specifically the front page http://www.friendster.com/ or do
    > you mean some other specific friendster related page unstated.

    After I log into my page it looks ok............ but whne I satrt clicking
    around my page to edit my photos I get this other web page that pops up and
    looks like it is scanning my pc with a warning about how many trogens etc I
    got on my pc....

    Just wondering if this friendster site has this common
    problem..................
    I will check out this hijack place..........

    don, Dec 20, 2009
  11. don

    don Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> http://windowscanner61.com/1/?sess=%

    > 3D2Q5wjDwMS01NCZpcD0xNjYuODQuMS4zJnRpbWU9MTI2NjIwOg0MaQ%3DN
    >>

    > Which friendster.com site? The link you posted is windowscanner61.com.

    Well this is the page that my browser jumps to after I log into
    friendster.com........... is windowscanner61 safe?

    Can I look for this in my registry and delete it?

    don, Dec 20, 2009
  12. don

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The don Post:
    > Everytime I go to this friendster.com site I get this bogus virus attack
    > warning and my firefox closes down.... it ask me to save a file and of
    > course I say no
    >
    > this is the http
    > http://windowscanner61.com/1/?sess==2Q5wjDwMS01NCZpcD0xNjYuODQuMS4zJnRpbWU9MTI2NjIwOg0MaQ=N
    >
    > is this something in my registry which I can delete which is causing this,
    > it seems to happen only 3 out of 5 times when going to this site............
    > so far my computer
    >
    > is running normally...........

    Server not found

    Firefox can't find the server at www.windowscanner61.com.

    * Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com

    * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's
    network
    connection.

    * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or
    proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the
    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Dec 20, 2009
  13. don

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 05:39:54 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Evan Platt mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    > snip
    >
    >> Think about it.

    > St00pid? Think? BWAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!!

    Yeah you are. The line was directed at the OP, dipshit.

    richard, Dec 20, 2009
  14. don

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 04:20:31 -0500, don wrote:

    > I usually start typing frien......... in the address bar and my history
    > fills the rest in......... I only use firefox and now I see
    > your point............. maybe my history link is not really the true link
    > which explains why sometimes it happens and sometimes its fine?
    >
    > But when I do log in...... it does look like my page but then it goes crazy
    > and it looks like a fake scan of my computer alerting me of
    > Trogens, etc. etc.

    get malwarebytes. you may have a simple DNS changer that someone dropped in
    on your machine.

    don't rely on the auto complete history. turn it off.

    richard, Dec 20, 2009
  15. don

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:29:21 -0500, don wrote:

    > "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    >> don wrote:
    >>
    >> Do you mean specifically the front page http://www.friendster.com/ or do
    >> you mean some other specific friendster related page unstated.

    > After I log into my page it looks ok............ but whne I satrt clicking
    > around my page to edit my photos I get this other web page that pops up and
    > looks like it is scanning my pc with a warning about how many trogens etc I
    > got on my pc....

    Use firefox and get the adblocker plus addon.
    Now when that page pops up, block it. You'll never see it again.
    Trust me, that is not your computer they show. It's just a trick to make
    you think that. Check the folders. Do you have the same ones? Hardly.

    > Just wondering if this friendster site has this common
    > problem..................
    > I will check out this hijack place..........

    hijackthis is a software program that analyses and reports various programs
    and possible problem files. The forum is there to help you understand how
    to deal with the report.

    richard, Dec 20, 2009
  16. don

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:25:50 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The don Post:
    >> Everytime I go to this friendster.com site I get this bogus virus attack
    >> warning and my firefox closes down.... it ask me to save a file and of
    >> course I say no
    >>
    >> this is the http
    >> http://windowscanner61.com/1/?sess==2Q5wjDwMS01NCZpcD0xNjYuODQuMS4zJnRpbWU9MTI2NjIwOg0MaQ=N
    >>
    >> is this something in my registry which I can delete which is causing this,
    >> it seems to happen only 3 out of 5 times when going to this site............
    >> so far my computer
    >>
    >> is running normally...........
    >>

    > Server not found
    >
    > Firefox can't find the server at www.windowscanner61.com.

    Domain Name: WINDOWSCANNER61.COM
    Registrar: TODAYNIC.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.todaynic.com
    Referral URL: http://www.NOW.CN
    Name Server: NS1.EVERYDNS.NET
    Name Server: NS2.EVERYDNS.NET
    Name Server: NS3.EVERYDNS.NET
    Name Server: NS4.EVERYDNS.NET
    Updated Date: 19-dec-2009
    Creation Date: 19-dec-2009
    Expiration Date: 19-dec-2010

    Notice the creation date? That's why it can't be found.

    richard, Dec 20, 2009
  17. richard wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:07:26 -0500, don wrote:

    <Crap snipped>

    > Gee thanks for the early warning. Now we know to stay away from your site.

    Smart users won't click on a link like that from the get go.

    > I had no such thing happen to me when I visited frienster.
    > But I do know for a fact that there has been a scam being run by some fool
    > who insists your machine is infected and the only way to cure it is buy his
    > software.

    Old scheme by literally thousands of assholes.

    > Well duhh dude, you haven't learned by now? It takes a couple of
    > days before the domain gets in "the loop". I mean like the domain was
    > created TODAY! So how many domain names have you created to sell your crap
    > with now?

    Who cares? The OP is apparently yet another idiot running the same old
    'ransomware' scam crap, now in revision 3,127,509.0 B. Ignore chin nuts,
    warn others here and let it go.

    Frank

    thund3rstruck, Dec 20, 2009
  18. richard wrote:
    > Yeah you are. The line was directed at the OP, dipshit.

    Public group. If you don't like it, tough.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Dec 20, 2009
  19. richard wrote:
    <snip>
    > Use firefox and get the adblocker plus addon.
    > Now when that page pops up, block it. You'll never see it again.
    > Trust me, that is not your computer they show. It's just a trick to make
    > you think that. Check the folders. Do you have the same ones? Hardly.

    <snip>

    Why would someone want to click anything on an obviously rogue site?

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Dec 20, 2009
  20. don

    rf Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 04:20:31 -0500, don wrote:
    >
    >> I usually start typing frien......... in the address bar and my history
    >> fills the rest in......... I only use firefox and now I see
    >> your point............. maybe my history link is not really the true link
    >> which explains why sometimes it happens and sometimes its fine?
    >>
    >> But when I do log in...... it does look like my page but then it goes
    >> crazy
    >> and it looks like a fake scan of my computer alerting me of
    >> Trogens, etc. etc.

    So, having been proven to be stupidly wrong in your first post in this
    thread, you are now furiously back peddling and trying to help the OP, for
    some strange value of 'help', that is.

    Bloody hippocrite.

    > get malwarebytes. you may have a simple DNS changer that someone dropped
    > in
    > on your machine.
    >
    > don't rely on the auto complete history. turn it off.

    Bullshit.

    rf, Dec 21, 2009