    Microsoft to confirm or deny them as valid emails from Microsoft? Any
    thoughts.

    Louis

    Louis, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Louis

    Hard Fiskur Guest

    yes

    Hard Fiskur, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Louis

    DaveW Guest

    Delete them. The attachments are virus/worm. Do not open
    Micro$oft does NOT send any patches/updates or other software
    by way of email.
    You are getting these from other computers where the sysop was
    stupid enough to open the attachments.

    DaveW, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Louis

    Steve Knight Guest

    >You are getting these from other computers where the sysop was
    >stupid enough to open the attachments.

    but why so many? I mean since last night I got 469 of them. does no one notice
    their computers sending out so many emails?

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

    Steve Knight, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Louis

    DaveW Guest

    "Steve Knight" <> wrote in message

    > >You are getting these from other computers where the sysop was
    > >stupid enough to open the attachments.

    > but why so many? I mean since last night I got 469 of them. does no one notice
    > their computers sending out so many emails?

    That's about the size of it.
    Somewhere along the way some of them may question
    why their computers seem to be running slow, and a great
    number of them are likely connected 24/7 by a user that
    uses it only a few hours a day.

    By the number of mailings you got I would guess your address
    is on a large number of computers.

    Some club/tournament membership?
    Receive/send RE:FW FW FW stupid jokes CC to everyone in address
    book that turns around and FW CC to everyone in address book that turns
    around and....? ;-)

    DaveW, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Steve Knight Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <>:

    >>You are getting these from other computers where the sysop was
    >>stupid enough to open the attachments.

    > but why so many? I mean since last night I got 469 of them. does no
    > one notice their computers sending out so many emails?

    They either don't notice, or they think the internet is slow that
    day...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Sep 20, 2003
  7. Louis

    Steve Knight Guest

    > They either don't notice, or they think the internet is slow that
    >day...
    >
    > NOI

    but it also seems like these last two floods are far bigger then anything we
    have seen before. Plus there are bounce messages and other goofy messages that
    seem to go along with them. are they a virus that is made to do more flooding or
    what?

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

    Steve Knight, Sep 21, 2003
  8. Louis

    Boomer Guest

    Steve Knight said:

    >> They either don't notice, or they think the internet is slow
    >> that
    >>day...
    >>
    >> NOI

    > but it also seems like these last two floods are far bigger then
    > anything we have seen before. Plus there are bounce messages and
    > other goofy messages that seem to go along with them. are they a
    > virus that is made to do more flooding or what?

    You might like to read these and maybe make a trip to this newsgroup:
    alt.comp.anti-virus if you want to learn more.

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    Boomer, Sep 21, 2003
  9. Louis

    Plato Guest