    too long. Too many solid, upstanding, capitalist corporations now believe in
    and depend on open source. They are making money, and they aren't going to
    allow the anti-FOSS FUD to stand unchallenged."
    Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Nov 12, 2005

    steve, Nov 12, 2005

    Mark Robinson, Nov 12, 2005

    >> OK......I'll go for it.
    >>
    >> What's that?
    >>
    >> :)

    > http://bofh.ntk.net/Bastard.html

    Ta. :)
    steve, Nov 12, 2005
  5. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    PAM. Guest

    "Mr Undeniably Sluttish" <> wrote in message
    > Ooo goody!
    >
    > A new BOFH!

    Ah. Those were the days,.

    First time I heard of the BOFH was back in the early 80's, when we really
    did have operators and tape drives :)

    PAM.
    PAM., Nov 13, 2005
  6. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    EMB Guest

    PAM. wrote:

    > Ah. Those were the days,.
    >
    > First time I heard of the BOFH was back in the early 80's, when we really
    > did have operators and tape drives :)

    Last week I was visiting an organisation that still has a legacy system
    running much of it's operation. I was invited to have a look in their
    machine room, and as we went through the operator's room, there was the
    same guy I remember from when I last did work there 15 years ago still
    doing the same job. I guess he's a bit of a slow learner - hasn't left,
    and hasn't turned into a BOFH.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Nov 13, 2005
  7. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    PAM. Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > Last week I was visiting an organisation that still has a legacy system
    > running much of it's operation. I was invited to have a look in their
    > machine room, and as we went through the operator's room, there was the
    > same guy I remember from when I last did work there 15 years ago still
    > doing the same job. I guess he's a bit of a slow learner - hasn't left,
    > and hasn't turned into a BOFH.

    There aren't Operators anymore. They're either the helpdesk...lol. or
    network engineers.

    Bunch of lazy useless bastards...IMO of course
    :)

    PAM.
    PAM., Nov 14, 2005
  8. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    EMB Guest

    PAM. wrote:
    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Last week I was visiting an organisation that still has a legacy system
    >>running much of it's operation. I was invited to have a look in their
    >>machine room, and as we went through the operator's room, there was the
    >>same guy I remember from when I last did work there 15 years ago still
    >>doing the same job. I guess he's a bit of a slow learner - hasn't left,
    >>and hasn't turned into a BOFH.

    > There aren't Operators anymore. They're either the helpdesk...lol. or
    > network engineers.

    In this case he is most decidedly still an Operator looking after a
    roomful of old IBM kit that should have been sent to the tip somewhere
    in the last millenium (and that's where it's off to next year when their
    new systems come online).

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Nov 14, 2005
  9. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    PAM. Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > In this case he is most decidedly still an Operator looking after a
    > roomful of old IBM kit that should have been sent to the tip somewhere
    > in the last millenium (and that's where it's off to next year when their
    > new systems come online).

    Perhaps I could buy it. Have a 3090 in my bedroom and a few terminals dotted
    about the place.

    POWER!

    PAM.
    PAM., Nov 14, 2005
  10. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    Jerry Guest

    PAM. wrote:
    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In this case he is most decidedly still an Operator looking after a
    >>roomful of old IBM kit that should have been sent to the tip somewhere
    >>in the last millenium (and that's where it's off to next year when their
    >>new systems come online).

    > Perhaps I could buy it. Have a 3090 in my bedroom and a few terminals dotted
    > about the place.
    >
    > POWER!
    >
    > PAM.

    You got a helluva big bedroom! What is the serial number of the 3090,
    I've probably worked on it ;)
    Jerry, Nov 15, 2005
  11. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    PAM. Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > You got a helluva big bedroom! What is the serial number of the 3090,
    > I've probably worked on it ;)

    K1773R
    :)

    PAM.