    reboot or sys.rest., it rectifies and other times, no. Just seems to be
    luck of the draw.--
    This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    Harold potter esq, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Harold potter esq wrote:
    > Hi and thanks for any good advice proferred. I asked this question some
    > months ago and as the problem is still arising, I am taking another pot luck
    > chance.
    > 50% of the time, when I open o.e. the body of the mail is not showing.
    > Sometimes it is showing as an attachment which I can open and then others,
    > it is just blank. The exact same problem arises if I go into any of the
    > newsgroups. I have not or do not change my settings. Sometimes, when I
    > reboot or sys.rest., it rectifies and other times, no. Just seems to be
    > luck of the draw.--
    > This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    Judging by the bodies of some of the males I've seen lately..it could
    catch on.

    I think a standard suggestion would be that God is telling you that it
    is time to bite the bullet and use something better than Outlook
    Express.. After all, if you saw someone struggling down the road with a
    cart with square wheels and a squeaky axle, would you offer them a can
    of oil?

    --
    Sue

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Harold potter esq wrote:

    > 50% of the time, when I open o.e. the body of the mail is not showing.
    > Sometimes it is showing as an attachment which I can open and then
    > others, it is just blank.

    Comes to mind that perhaps you are configured to read email (and news)
    only in Plain Text, and these 'blank' messages are in HTML only. Check
    your settings.

    > The exact same problem arises if I go into any of the newsgroups. I
    > have not or do not change my settings. Sometimes, when I reboot or
    > sys.rest., it rectifies and other times, no. Just seems to be luck
    > of the draw.-- This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    I doubt if a reboot would have anything to do with clearing the
    settings. You could Compact Folders if you haven't done that for awhile.
    OE is known for stuffing itself up if you don't.

    Remember that OE (and other MS software) can have options changed -
    without asking - during Windows Updates. Mr Gates thinks he knows
    better.

    Another suggestion: install another email client and newsreader to see
    if the problem persists there. Thunderbird is a good one to try as it
    does both mail and news, is easy to install and use, and will not harm
    any other software on your computer. It's also new, unlike the
    six-year-old Outlook Express.
    http://mozilla.org/thunderbird/

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 14, 2006
  4. Harold potter esq

    TNKEV Guest

    Harold potter esq wrote:
    > Hi and thanks for any good advice proferred. I asked this question

    some
    > months ago and as the problem is still arising, I am taking another

    pot luck
    > chance.
    > 50% of the time, when I open o.e. the body of the mail is not

    showing.
    > Sometimes it is showing as an attachment which I can open and then

    others,
    > it is just blank. The exact same problem arises if I go into any of

    the
    > newsgroups. I have not or do not change my settings. Sometimes,

    when I
    > reboot or sys.rest., it rectifies and other times, no. Just seems

    to be
    > luck of the draw.--
    > This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    If the mail you are opening is a reply from a persons web mail,some
    webmail accounts will add the reply as an attachment.

    --

    The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
    http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/

    TNKEV, Feb 14, 2006
  5. Harold potter esq

    whosbest54 Guest

    In article <DDmIf.327$>, says...

    >Hi and thanks for any good advice proferred. I asked this question some
    >months ago and as the problem is still arising, I am taking another pot luck
    >chance.
    >50% of the time, when I open o.e. the body of the mail is not showing.
    >Sometimes it is showing as an attachment which I can open and then others,
    >it is just blank. The exact same problem arises if I go into any of the
    >newsgroups. I have not or do not change my settings. Sometimes, when I
    >reboot or sys.rest., it rectifies and other times, no. Just seems to be
    >luck of the draw.--
    >This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr....mail/msg/b068e98b2bf7f5c1?dmode=source&hl=en

    whosbest54

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/rmb.html