    image may be fine.

    thanks

    Mike
    mike nelson, Jun 26, 2005

  2. mike nelson

    irwell Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:40:44 -0400, "mike nelson" <> wrote:

    >I just looked thru the optical viewfinders of about fifteen different 4-7 mp
    >digital point and shoot cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, and sony. In
    >every case, the image was sharp and in focus at the near end of the zoom
    >range, and out of focus and blurry at the far end. None of these cameras
    >have diopter corrections. Just to be sure it wasn't my eye, I had another
    >person try the same cameras, with the same report.
    >
    >Does anyone know if this blurriness is a given with this class of camera, or
    >if there exist any 5-6 mpixel cameras that don't manifest the blur. I
    >realize the optical finder is mostly for composition, but I find it
    >distracting when the image is that much out of focus, even tho the captured
    >image may be fine.
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Mike

    No problem with my Sony W1, even though there is
    no diopter ajustment, with my Panason Z15 the EVF
    has a diopter adjustment, this makes for a superb
    imaging viewfinder.
    irwell, Jun 26, 2005

  3. mike nelson

    JD Guest

    "mike nelson" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    42bebe4f$0$5706$...
    >I just looked thru the optical viewfinders of about fifteen different 4-7
    >mp digital point and shoot cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, and sony. In
    >every case, the image was sharp and in focus at the near end of the zoom
    >range, and out of focus and blurry at the far end. None of these cameras
    >have diopter corrections. Just to be sure it wasn't my eye, I had another
    >person try the same cameras, with the same report.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this blurriness is a given with this class of camera,
    > or if there exist any 5-6 mpixel cameras that don't manifest the blur. I
    > realize the optical finder is mostly for composition, but I find it
    > distracting when the image is that much out of focus, even tho the
    > captured image may be fine.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > Obviously, you've not tested the Pentax *istDs. Give it a try, you will be
    > amazed at the quality of the viewfinder. This was a determining factor in
    > my choice of a DSLR

    Jean.

    JD, Jun 27, 2005
  4. mike nelson

    mike nelson Guest

    my question was only with regard to point and shoot cameras, not DSLRs which
    do not have this problem...

    mike nelson, Jun 27, 2005
  5. mike nelson

    Alan Meyer Guest

    "mike nelson" <> wrote in message
    >I just looked thru the optical viewfinders of about fifteen different 4-7 mp digital
    >point and shoot cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, and sony. In every case, the image
    >was sharp and in focus at the near end of the zoom range, and out of focus and blurry at
    >the far end. None of these cameras have diopter corrections. Just to be sure it wasn't
    >my eye, I had another person try the same cameras, with the same report.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this blurriness is a given with this class of camera, or if there
    > exist any 5-6 mpixel cameras that don't manifest the blur. I realize the optical finder
    > is mostly for composition, but I find it distracting when the image is that much out of
    > focus, even tho the captured image may be fine.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Mike

    My Pentax Optio 750Z is a 7 mp P&S that has a diopter adjustment
    on the viewfinder.

    One reason I bought it was that I wanted a useful viewfinder in a small
    P&S camera because I didn't like using the LCD on the back or in
    an EVF as much.

    I'm happy with the camera - though you should read the professional
    reviews to be sure you'll like what you get.

    Alan
    Alan Meyer, Jun 27, 2005
  6. mike nelson

    Tony Hwang Guest

    mike nelson wrote:
    > I just looked thru the optical viewfinders of about fifteen different 4-7 mp
    > digital point and shoot cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, and sony. In
    > every case, the image was sharp and in focus at the near end of the zoom
    > range, and out of focus and blurry at the far end. None of these cameras
    > have diopter corrections. Just to be sure it wasn't my eye, I had another
    > person try the same cameras, with the same report.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this blurriness is a given with this class of camera, or
    > if there exist any 5-6 mpixel cameras that don't manifest the blur. I
    > realize the optical finder is mostly for composition, but I find it
    > distracting when the image is that much out of focus, even tho the captured
    > image may be fine.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Mike

    Hi,
    What do you mean? My Oly and Panasonic has diopter adjustment.
    Tony
    Tony Hwang, Jun 28, 2005