Blurry, underexposed photo ...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by philo , Apr 14, 2013.

  1. philo

    philo  Guest

    philo , Apr 14, 2013

  2. philo

    philo  Guest

    On 04/14/2013 06:02 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2013.04.14 18:49 , philo wrote:
    >> I took in Chicago on Friday
    >>
    >> https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/903330_609207282439978_227608923_o.jpg
    >>

    > Excellent. It's in my screen saver rotation now.
    >
    > I wouldn't say "underexposed" however.

    Thanks...

    As I was going through my photos that was one I just about deleted until
    I converted it to grayscale and played with the brightness and contrast
    a bit.

    The original image was underexposed but I brought that up in the
    (minimal) processing.

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo , Apr 15, 2013

  3. philo

    philo  Guest

    On 04/14/2013 06:23 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

    <snip>

    >> The original image was underexposed but I brought that up in the
    >> (minimal) processing.

    > The stark contrast, the diagonals, the grain, the isolated central
    > figure ... just works for me.

    Glad you like it. I put it on Facebook and have been getting a lot of
    positive comments. Occasionally even Francis Ford gives me a favorable
    comment on something I've done.
    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo , Apr 15, 2013
  4. philo

    philo  Guest

    On 04/14/2013 06:44 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2013.04.14 19:34 , philo wrote:
    >> On 04/14/2013 06:23 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    >>>

    >> <snip>

    >>> The stark contrast, the diagonals, the grain, the isolated central
    >>> figure ... just works for me.
    >>>

    >> Glad you like it. I put it on Facebook and have been getting a lot of
    >> positive comments. Occasionally even Francis Ford gives me a favorable
    >> comment on something I've done.

    > Great! (You do mean the big C-man, right?)

    Similar name but....

    Francis Ford is a well known local photographer

    his new website is under construction but here is an excerpt

    http://www.francisfordphotography.com/history.asp

    philo , Apr 15, 2013