    Why, I have the setting as they should be, I think.

    I am a novice so please help.

    Tony in Boston
    Tony - Boston, May 7, 2005

  2. Tony - Boston

    Pete D Guest

    Are you using the viewfinder or the screen?
    If using the screen then that is probably your problem.

    Pete D, May 7, 2005

  3. Tony - Boston

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Pete D wrote:
    > Are you using the viewfinder or the screen?
    > If using the screen then that is probably your problem.
    >
    > "Tony - Boston" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>WHen I take a indoor photo with flash on, let's say 15 people sitting
    >>around a table and I zoom it in about 1/2 way to max nine out of ten
    >>times the photos are blurry.
    >>
    >>Why, I have the setting as they should be, I think.
    >>
    >>I am a novice so please help.
    >>
    >>Tony in Boston

    Zooming with flash reduces the distance at which the flash provides
    sufficient light quite a bit. That can result in longer exposures, and
    may exceed the 'hand hold' ability of many people. Forego the zoom, in
    favor of moving closer.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, May 7, 2005
  4. Tony - Boston

    Bob Krecak Guest

    Tony,
    You have observed a very common problem with many zoom lenses. Try this
    experiment. If your camera has the ability to show f stops on the screen set
    it in that mode. Move the zoom throughout its range and look at what happens
    to the f stop number. You will see that as you zoom in on a subject the f
    stop for most zoom lenses will go up meaning the total amount of light
    reaching the sensor or film will be reduced. So what does the camera do to
    compensate? It slows down the shutter speed to try to obtain a properly
    exposed picture. What happens at slow shutter speeds when you hand hold a
    camera? Blurry images. So the solution may be not to use your zoom indoors
    if you are at the edge of your flash range. If you are well within your
    flash range the f stop issue should not be a problem.

    Bob

    Bob Krecak, May 7, 2005