    the product demonstration at News Corp.'s (NWS.N: Quote, Profile,
    Research) 20th Century Fox lot. The show is in Las Vegas.

    -goro-

    Goro, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Goro

    Biz Guest

    This is the exact same line we got last year b4 CES, and they showed players
    at CES last year as well...so dont hold your breath...

    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...44Z_01_HO028236_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-BLURAY.xml

    Biz, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Goro

    Alpha Guest

    I saw another article that claimed the full details of the copy protection
    scheme would not be decided until June 2006.

    Alpha, Dec 1, 2005
  4. Goro

    WinField Guest

    Old codecs to be (re)used on new DVD format?

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-5974348.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=zdnn

    [quickie quote]

    "Last week, studio giant Sony Pictures quietly voted for "none of the
    above," and took a swipe at the new codec formats. The new advanced
    codecs aren't immediately necessary for discs released in Sony's
    high-capacity Blu-ray format, Sony Pictures executives said in an
    interview with CNET News.com, and the studio would instead use the
    11-year-old MPEG-2 video codec used on today's DVDs."

    - winfield

    WinField, Dec 2, 2005
  5. Goro

    Goro Guest

    WinField wrote:
    > Old codecs to be (re)used on new DVD format?
    >
    > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-5974348.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=zdnn
    >
    > [quickie quote]
    >
    > "Last week, studio giant Sony Pictures quietly voted for "none of the
    > above," and took a swipe at the new codec formats. The new advanced
    > codecs aren't immediately necessary for discs released in Sony's
    > high-capacity Blu-ray format, Sony Pictures executives said in an
    > interview with CNET News.com, and the studio would instead use the
    > 11-year-old MPEG-2 video codec used on today's DVDs."
    >
    > - winfield

    Damb. I thot they were going to be using H.264?

    -goro-

    Goro, Dec 2, 2005