Bluray Pirates of the Car loads slow and menu buggy on Pioneer player

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ken Cobb, May 24, 2007.

  1. Ken Cobb

    Ken Cobb Guest

    Subject really says it all. At first, I thought my player was hung.
    Loaded the disc and the blank screen for 4-5 minutes. So, I checked
    the web and found updated firmware for the Pioneer Elite BR player.
    Loaded the new firmware, then tried again. Still, 4-5 minutes with
    nothing. Sitting in from of set, frustrated, suddenly I see a spinning
    gold coin. After a few minutes of this, some previews start. I think
    there were 5 and I could not break out. Then, a menu starts to appear
    with a skelly head. This is totally buggy, jerking and trying to talk
    (it seems). Finally, it allows me to set options. Once the movie
    starts, it looked and sounded great. But that load and menu are awful.
    Someone on Amazon blamed Java and said it was tuned for and worked
    right on a PS3. Are any of you seeing this problem on the POTC discs?

    If mine is defective I know Amazon would replace, but if it is a known
    issue, not sure what my next step should be. Any advice guys?

    Ken
    Ken Cobb, May 24, 2007

  2. Ken Cobb

    Sean Black Guest

    In article <>, Ken Cobb
    <> writes
    >Subject really says it all. At first, I thought my player was hung.
    >Loaded the disc and the blank screen for 4-5 minutes. So, I checked
    >the web and found updated firmware for the Pioneer Elite BR player.
    >Loaded the new firmware, then tried again. Still, 4-5 minutes with
    >nothing. Sitting in from of set, frustrated, suddenly I see a spinning
    >gold coin. After a few minutes of this, some previews start. I think
    >there were 5 and I could not break out. Then, a menu starts to appear
    >with a skelly head. This is totally buggy, jerking and trying to talk
    >(it seems). Finally, it allows me to set options. Once the movie
    >starts, it looked and sounded great. But that load and menu are awful.
    >Someone on Amazon blamed Java and said it was tuned for and worked
    >right on a PS3. Are any of you seeing this problem on the POTC discs?
    >
    >If mine is defective I know Amazon would replace, but if it is a known
    >issue, not sure what my next step should be. Any advice guys?

    Had to update the firmware on my Samsung before it would load at all.
    Once updated it still took a few minutes to load, once it was loaded the
    skull thing was ok, not jerky or anything, but bringing up the on-screen
    menu seemed slow and jerky.

    It does indeed look and sound great once it's up and running, but it's a
    PITA do go through all that every time, especially if you just want to
    demo it for somebody.
    --
    Sean Black
    Sean Black, May 25, 2007

  3. Ken Cobb <> wrote:

    >Someone on Amazon blamed Java and said it was tuned for and worked
    >right on a PS3. Are any of you seeing this problem on the POTC discs?

    A Sony format optimized for Sony hardware? No way!
    Kimba W. Lion, May 25, 2007
  4. Re: Bluray Pirates of the Car loads slow and menu buggy on Pioneerplayer

    Ken Cobb wrote:
    > Subject really says it all. At first, I thought my player was hung.
    > Loaded the disc and the blank screen for 4-5 minutes. So, I checked
    > the web and found updated firmware for the Pioneer Elite BR player.
    > Loaded the new firmware, then tried again. Still, 4-5 minutes with
    > nothing. Sitting in from of set, frustrated, suddenly I see a spinning
    > gold coin. After a few minutes of this, some previews start. I think
    > there were 5 and I could not break out. Then, a menu starts to appear
    > with a skelly head. This is totally buggy, jerking and trying to talk
    > (it seems). Finally, it allows me to set options. Once the movie
    > starts, it looked and sounded great. But that load and menu are awful.
    > Someone on Amazon blamed Java and said it was tuned for and worked
    > right on a PS3. Are any of you seeing this problem on the POTC discs?
    >
    > If mine is defective I know Amazon would replace, but if it is a known
    > issue, not sure what my next step should be. Any advice guys?
    >
    > Ken

    my 8 GB 720 p Reveille .mkv rip is playing excellent on my HD TV !!!

    Why all the hassle with going to a shop buying a dvd and finding out it
    don't play ?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?El_Bukkake_Commendatore_=AE?=, May 27, 2007