  1. Neck & Red

    Neck & Red Guest

    Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.
    Neck & Red, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Neck & Red wrote:
    > Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    Wow, what a useful and insightful response. >plonk<

    Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

    A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
    (The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

    "Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
    --LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

    "Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
    minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
    a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
    --me

    "This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
    --Tony Bourdain

    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    but at the very least you need a beer."
    -- Frank Zappa

    "I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
    it's the best thing in the world."
    -- Alton Brown

    "The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
    that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
    wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
    prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
    this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
    the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
    all history."
    -- Robert Heinlein
    Geena Phillips, Feb 2, 2007

  3. Neck & Red

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Neck & Red wrote:

    > Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    Elephants are extinct!!!

    Must be, cos I haven't seen any round here since I went to the circus
    when I was about ten.

    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
    Paul Heslop, Feb 2, 2007
  4. On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 06:07:37 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <> wrote:

    >Neck & Red wrote:
    >>
    >> Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    >Elephants are extinct!!!
    >
    >Must be, cos I haven't seen any round here since I went to the circus
    >when I was about ten.

    ROFLMAO!
    Jonathan Brisby, Feb 2, 2007
  5. Neck & Red

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 06:07:37 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <> Gave us:

    >Neck & Red wrote:
    >>
    >> Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    >Elephants are extinct!!!
    >
    >Must be, cos I haven't seen any round here since I went to the circus
    >when I was about ten.

    You forgot to be a good little puppy dog, and plonk as well.

    As I stated in earlier posts.

    They are both going to survive unless WE organize and boycott SONY
    and BluTurd.
    MassiveProng, Feb 2, 2007
  6. Neck & Red

    Neck & Red Guest

    "Geena Phillips" <> wrote in message
    > Neck & Red wrote:
    >> Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    > Wow, what a useful and insightful response. >plonk<

    Thanks! Farewell to Blur-Ray!
    Neck & Red, Feb 2, 2007
  7. Neck & Red

    Richard C. Guest

    Good luck with that!
    ================================

    "MassiveProng" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Richard C., Feb 2, 2007
  8. Neck & Red

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    In alt.video.dvd Neck & Red <> wrote:
    > Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    ZOMG! There's none in stock! Teh World Is EnDING!!!!!eleventy!

    Seriously, are you that desparate to slam blu-ray that you've overlooked
    (or just ignored) the possibility that just MAYBE the things have sold
    out?

    Using your bizzaro logic, the Nintendo Wii is dead since no one has them
    in stock and the PS3 is the most successful console ever since EVERYONE
    has them.

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98
    Doug Jacobs, Feb 2, 2007
  9. Neck & Red

    Guest

    On Feb 2, 11:48 am, Doug Jacobs <> wrote:
    > In alt.video.dvd Neck & Red <> wrote:
    >
    > > Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    > ZOMG! There's none in stock! Teh World Is EnDING!!!!!eleventy!
    >
    > Seriously, are you that desparate to slam blu-ray that you've overlooked
    > (or just ignored) the possibility that just MAYBE the things have sold
    > out?
    >
    > Using your bizzaro logic, the Nintendo Wii is dead since no one has them
    > in stock and the PS3 is the most successful console ever since EVERYONE
    > has them.
    >
    > --
    > Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98

    I realize your comment was about bizarro logic, but I did read in the
    paper just the other day that the Wii was smacking the PS3 all over
    the place in terms of units sold. I still have not seen a Wii on the
    shelf at a store, not because they're not getting them but because
    they're selling out immediately. PS3's have been on the shelf
    everytime I've been to Wal-Mart in the last month. They're hardly
    selling any stand-alone Blu Ray players either, due to the extreme
    pricing.

    I'll admit it, I'm rooting against Blu Ray because of Sony. It can
    join my Mini-disc player and Betamax in the scrap heap. I refuse to
    play the orphaned Sony format game again.

    -beaumon
    , Feb 5, 2007
  10. wrote:

    > On Feb 2, 11:48 am, Doug Jacobs <> wrote:
    >
    >>In alt.video.dvd Neck & Red <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    >>ZOMG! There's none in stock! Teh World Is EnDING!!!!!eleventy!
    >>
    >>Seriously, are you that desparate to slam blu-ray that you've overlooked
    >>(or just ignored) the possibility that just MAYBE the things have sold
    >>out?
    >>
    >>Using your bizzaro logic, the Nintendo Wii is dead since no one has them
    >>in stock and the PS3 is the most successful console ever since EVERYONE
    >>has them.

    > I realize your comment was about bizarro logic, but I did read in the
    > paper just the other day that the Wii was smacking the PS3 all over
    > the place in terms of units sold. I still have not seen a Wii on the
    > shelf at a store, not because they're not getting them but because
    > they're selling out immediately. PS3's have been on the shelf
    > everytime I've been to Wal-Mart in the last month. They're hardly
    > selling any stand-alone Blu Ray players either, due to the extreme
    > pricing.

    Ummmm...And then again, there's the theory that the OP *might* have
    simply been poking rotten-tomato fun at Sony Viral Boy with a parody
    headline that WASN'T supposed to be a typo, and that he was talking
    about Blur-ray disks as opposed to Blu ones that actually exist?

    ....Sometimes a dumb gag is *just* a dumb gag, bless their little wastes
    of bandwidth.

    Derek Janssen (consider the social status of anyone who needs a joke
    EXPLAINED to them)
    Derek Janssen, Feb 5, 2007
  11. Neck & Red

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    wrote:

    > I realize your comment was about bizarro logic, but I did read in the
    > paper just the other day that the Wii was smacking the PS3 all over
    > the place in terms of units sold. I still have not seen a Wii on the
    > shelf at a store, not because they're not getting them but because
    > they're selling out immediately. PS3's have been on the shelf
    > everytime I've been to Wal-Mart in the last month. They're hardly
    > selling any stand-alone Blu Ray players either, due to the extreme
    > pricing.

    That was why I chose that analogy ;) The Wii has been selling out every
    shipments since launch last November, but this guy would call it "dead"
    because it's never in stock.

    Of course the opposite is true. The Wii immediatly overtook the PS3 and
    is selling so well that even Bill Gates calls Nintendo their "biggest
    threat". The PS3, meanwhile sits on shelves and in warehouses. Sony may
    claim big numbers of PS3s shipped - but in reality all they're doing is
    stuffing the channel. If PS3s don't start selling, retailers are going to
    stop accepting shipments since they don't want to fill their warehouses
    with merchandise that isn't moving.

    As for Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD - I really don't care. I don't see or hear any
    significant differences between the two formats, and don't plan on
    bothering with either format for at least a couple of years.

    Doug Jacobs, Feb 5, 2007
  12. Neck & Red

    skip Guest

    Doug Jacobs <> wrote in

    > In alt.video.dvd Neck & Red <> wrote:
    >> Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    > ZOMG! There's none in stock! Teh World Is EnDING!!!!!eleventy!
    >
    > Seriously, are you that desparate to slam blu-ray that you've overlooked
    > (or just ignored) the possibility that just MAYBE the things have sold
    > out?
    >
    > Using your bizzaro logic, the Nintendo Wii is dead since no one has them
    > in stock and the PS3 is the most successful console ever since EVERYONE
    > has them.

    Why can't you guys just watch movies on the HBO channel in HD. saves a lot
    of issues
    skip, Feb 9, 2007
  13. Neck & Red

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    In alt.video.dvd skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:

    > Why can't you guys just watch movies on the HBO channel in HD. saves a lot
    > of issues

    I don't feel like paying the "Comcastic" prices.

    Besides, Netflix and my local library is a lot more effective.

    Doug Jacobs, Feb 9, 2007
  14. Neck & Red

    skip Guest

    Doug Jacobs <> wrote in

    > In alt.video.dvd skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Why can't you guys just watch movies on the HBO channel in HD. saves
    >> a lot of issues

    > I don't feel like paying the "Comcastic" prices.
    >
    > Besides, Netflix and my local library is a lot more effective.

    Your lucky I live in 90045 and netflix gets stolen all the time I had to
    cancel it. not because it was bad but the post office could not keep their
    hands off of my movies
    skip, Feb 9, 2007
  15. skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote in

    > Why can't you guys just watch movies on the HBO channel in HD. saves a
    > lot of issues

    And let them pan-and-scan everything to 16:9? No thanks.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Feb 9, 2007
  16. Neck & Red

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:14:53 GMT, skip <skip[@nospam.com> Gave us:

    >Doug Jacobs <> wrote in
    >
    >> In alt.video.dvd Neck & Red <> wrote:
    >>> Looks to be that way, anyway. I don't see any Blur-Ray discs here.

    >> ZOMG! There's none in stock! Teh World Is EnDING!!!!!eleventy!
    >>
    >> Seriously, are you that desparate to slam blu-ray that you've overlooked
    >> (or just ignored) the possibility that just MAYBE the things have sold
    >> out?
    >>
    >> Using your bizzaro logic, the Nintendo Wii is dead since no one has them
    >> in stock and the PS3 is the most successful console ever since EVERYONE
    >> has them.
    >>

    >Why can't you guys just watch movies on the HBO channel in HD. saves a lot
    >of issues

    Mainly because HD over cable is not really HD in many cases (most
    actually).

    The original content was, but the cable companies dumb down the
    fucking content to conserve their bandwidth, so you get a dumbed down
    rendition of what was good, and is good coming off the satellite, but
    is NOT as good piped over your cable.
    MassiveProng, Feb 10, 2007
  17. Neck & Red

    Richard C. Guest

    "skip" <skip[@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > Why can't you guys just watch movies on the HBO channel in HD. saves a lot
    > of issues

    Except for the fact that 2.35:1 movies are butchered to show them at 1.78:1!
    Richard C., Feb 11, 2007