Blur on thumbnails of Sony DSC-S50 jpg-s

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by panagiotis, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. panagiotis

    panagiotis Guest

    It's a strange phenomenon: when I use the jpgs issued directly from
    the DSC-S50's memory stick (800kB about per photography in 1600x..
    mode),
    I have a blur on the thumbnails.
    ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

    Have to use then PSP, or XP's MsEditor, to obtain 250kB per
    photography with a splendid quality and splendid thumbnails
    generation. It's as simply as read it and immediately re-write it with
    a Ctrl-S.. But there are hundreds photography's to process and I'm
    tired to process each memory stick's photography this manner.

    Does somebody meet the same problem?

    What can I do? Do you know a trick, a solution to process the memory
    stick photography's as to maintaining the date-time of photography and
    to obtain Paint Shop's quality and size?

    Does Sony use such a bizarre jpg compression to sell 3 times more
    memory sticks than necessary?!? Am I wrong?!? Apologize if so.. but,
    damned, why are they using such a bizaaaare jpg compression?!

    panagiotis, Dec 26, 2003