    Is the server having problems?
    Regards
    Albert

    albert muttuon, Oct 30, 2003

  2. albert muttuon

    °Mike° Guest

    It appears there *have* been delays, which are now fixed.

    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/statuspage.html

    Ticket number: 5597146
    Customers Affected: Email
    Last Updated: 30 Oct, 2003 12:29

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:57:16 -0000, in
    <jueob.3$>
    albert muttuon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 30, 2003

  3. albert muttuon

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:57:16 -0000, albert muttuon wrote:

    Ho humm....

    1. 24HSHD is not associated with any ISP or other service provider. It's
    an international newsgroup.

    2. Munge your posting address. 2a) Don't use your account name.

    Create an alias in selfcare, and munge the posting address.
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml
    http://selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk/
    and

    3. Contact your ISP
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/statuspage.html
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/announcements/archives/pages/announcement.html
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/

    4. Try the webmail interface
    https://webmail.blueyonder.co.uk/
    about
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/email/webmail.shtml

    5. Internal BY newsgroups
    blueyonder.announce - for guess what.
    blueyonder.discussion.mail
    blueyonder.users.self-help

    Support / Service Faults - reporting
    blueyonder.support.mail

    >Hi
    >I am a Blueyonder user, and all today, my emails have been very slow, and

    That's on broadband then rather than dial up.

    >when i click on the 'refresh' button either comes up with an error message
    >about a 'pop' server, (whatever THAT is...) asks for my password umpteen

    The error message is?

    POP, is oddly enough your incoming mail server
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/POP2.html

    >times, orends the connection.
    >Other times it seems to be ok.

    Just trying now.... attempt 5 6 7 8 oh dear.

    >Is the server having problems?

    Looks like it.

    Although I can see my mail using the webmail interface.

    Do have a look at the stats page mail groups mentioned above. I can see
    announce posts in my mail from early today.

    Email Delays
    Email Authentication / Delays

    709PM 7PM 628PM lots of updates.....

    It's all there..... see the newsgroup
    blueyonder.announce

    Me

    why?, Oct 30, 2003
  4. albert muttuon

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:41:55 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

    >It appears there *have* been delays, which are now fixed.
    >
    >http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/statuspage.html
    >
    > Ticket number: 5597146
    > Customers Affected: Email
    > Last Updated: 30 Oct, 2003 12:29

    Try this one
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/tickets/5597461.html

    Ticket Number 5597461
    Time Stamp 30 Oct, 2003 13:39
    Priority P1
    Detailed Description
    Customers may be having difficulty retrieving their email.

    Ticket Updates:
    Last Modified Name Customers Affected Estimated Time Status
    Priority
    30 Oct, 2003 19:23 Andrew Clear Broadband and dial-up 4 hours
    Updated P1

    They say it's working, but I still can't get in via POP.

    >On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:57:16 -0000, in
    > <jueob.3$>
    > albert muttuon scrawled:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>I am a Blueyonder user, and all today, my emails have been very slow, and
    >>when i click on the 'refresh' button either comes up with an error message

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Oct 30, 2003
  5. albert muttuon

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:02:24 GMT, in
    <>
    why? scrawled:

    >On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:41:55 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>It appears there *have* been delays, which are now fixed.
    >>
    >>http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/statuspage.html
    >>
    >> Ticket number: 5597146
    >> Customers Affected: Email
    >> Last Updated: 30 Oct, 2003 12:29

    >Try this one
    >http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/tickets/5597461.html
    >
    >Ticket Number 5597461
    >Time Stamp 30 Oct, 2003 13:39
    >Priority P1
    >Detailed Description
    >Customers may be having difficulty retrieving their email.
    >
    >Ticket Updates:
    >Last Modified Name Customers Affected Estimated Time Status Priority
    >30 Oct, 2003 19:23 Andrew Clear Broadband and dial-up 4 hours Updated P1
    >

    >They say it's working, but I still can't get in via POP.

    Ah, right. Not having a BY account, I couldn't check
    personally. :)

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance