    When I set IE6.0 to use the Blueyonder cache....I cant log into web sites
    like ebay etc.....says its not allowing cookies...even when I set the
    privacy to LOW?
    Dingo, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Dingo

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't use the Blueyonder cache.

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:39:50 -0000, in
    <_lq0c.4$>
    Dingo scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Dingo

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:39:50 -0000, Dingo wrote:

    I thought BY for BB at least has swapped to transparent caches, at least
    regional at one point was converted into a central one.

    What ever they did, this page says no transparent cache
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/webcache.shtml

    I haven't entered a webcache setting since I was on dial up and early
    days of regional caches and never had a many problems (swapping to
    another region sometimes when lists of cache addresses used to be
    posted) leaving it blank whatever BY changed.

    Since this page says you are cached
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/statuspage.shtml
    and this one is dialup specific
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/server.shtml
    with a cache address.

    >When I set IE6.0 to use the Blueyonder cache....I cant log into web sites

    The setting you use is?

    >like ebay etc.....says its not allowing cookies...even when I set the
    >privacy to LOW?

    You could check here
    http://www.by-users.co.uk/
    at
    http://www.by-users.co.uk/faqs/proxyservers/web-caches/
    use the proxy test page / other info in the BY past announcements /
    newsgroups.

    Me
    why?, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Dingo

    Dingo Guest

    My connection is crawling at half speed...and the cache really speeds it
    up....but doesnt quite work perfectly .

    Dingo, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Dingo

    °Mike° Guest

    Have your phone line checked.

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:42:49 -0000, in
    <bOu0c.119$X%>
    Dingo scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 1, 2004
  6. Dingo

    Dingo Guest

    Its cable not ADSL and its been working superbly for the last 2 years. Dont
    understand.

    Speed test tells me that its really low 256Kbit

    Dingo, Mar 1, 2004
  7. Dingo

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 00:52:13 -0000, Dingo wrote:

    >Its cable not ADSL and its been working superbly for the last 2 years. Dont

    You didn't say earlier.

    >understand.
    >
    >Speed test tells me that its really low 256Kbit

    Which speed test?
    http://www.vantage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v2/v2.htm
    which has specific options for BY.

    See my other post.

    Any problems with TV/Phone if you have those services.

    Any regional issues in the status page.
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/statuspage.html

    Check posts in the BY newsgroups in case other users reporting same
    thing.

    What package are you on 512K/1M/2M?

    Can you access the internal modem webpages to display signal connection
    strength, error log info?

    Don't know if it the same on every model of modem BY use, try
    http://192.168.100.1/

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Have your phone line checked.
    >>

    >> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:42:49 -0000, in
    >> <bOu0c.119$X%>
    >> Dingo scrawled:
    >>
    >> >My connection is crawling at half speed...and the cache really
    >> >speeds it up....but doesnt quite work perfectly .

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Mar 1, 2004