    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 24, 2005

  2. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    did you ever pair the Jabra with 32 bit windows? i use mine strictly
    with my cell phone as i have never seen any other use for it..

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Hi Steve, as far as I am aware the MS Bluetooth stack does not support the
    headset profile. This is not a x64 issue. On XP x86 you need to install the
    Widcomm bluetooth stack, however I am unaware if this is compatible with
    x64.

    Andrew Ahearne, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Barb Bowman wrote:

    >did you ever pair the Jabra with 32 bit windows? i use mine strictly
    >with my cell phone as i have never seen any other use for it..

    Not on the Ferrari, no. Did have it paired with my old laptop, using a
    DLink BT120 USB BT dongle. Which used the widcomm driver, and worked
    flawlessly.

    I want to use it with Skype, since the laptop microphone tends to cause
    feedback for the person at the other end (and it's location isn't exactly
    optimal).

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 24, 2005
  5. Andrew Ahearne wrote:

    >Hi Steve, as far as I am aware the MS Bluetooth stack does not support the
    >headset profile. This is not a x64 issue. On XP x86 you need to install
    >the Widcomm bluetooth stack, however I am unaware if this is compatible
    >with x64.

    Yes, this is pretty much what I'd figured out. So I guess the question is
    really does anyone know of a source for an x64 version of the widcomm
    software?

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 24, 2005
  6. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I have the BT 120 here too somewhere. But anyway, it should work with
    the MS BT stack if it is standards compliant, no?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 24, 2005
  7. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I'm not sure if the MS stack supports the headset..

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 24, 2005
  8. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Looks like a Widcomm 64 bit stack is needed

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 24, 2005
  9. Given that Widcomm is now owned by Broadcomm, that would be where to look.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005
  10. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Rick Guest

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP] wrote:
    > Andrew Ahearne wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Steve, as far as I am aware the MS Bluetooth stack does not support
    >> the headset profile. This is not a x64 issue. On XP x86 you need to
    >> install the Widcomm bluetooth stack, however I am unaware if this is
    >> compatible with x64.

    > Yes, this is pretty much what I'd figured out. So I guess the question
    > is really does anyone know of a source for an x64 version of the widcomm
    > software?

    I couldn't find the software, but Google pointed out that WIDCOMM, Inc
    was bought out by Broadcom and according to their publication:

    http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/pb/1000-BTW-PB02-R.pdf

    BCM1000-BTW is supposed to be available for Windows x64 - see page 2.

    It's amazing what people can find when they use Google!

    Try contacting Broadcom to see how to obtain their software.

    Rick, Aug 24, 2005
  11. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Rick Guest

    http://www.broadcom.com/products/Bluetooth/Bluetooth-RF-Silicon-and-Software-Solutions/BCM1000-BTW

    Rick, Aug 24, 2005
  12. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Aug 24, 2005
  13. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    >Given that Widcomm is now owned by Broadcomm, that would be where to look.

    I did. Broadcom's website says "contact the OEM".

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 24, 2005
  14. Rick wrote:

    >Steve Foster [SBS MVP] wrote:
    >>Andrew Ahearne wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi Steve, as far as I am aware the MS Bluetooth stack does not support
    >>>the headset profile. This is not a x64 issue. On XP x86 you need to
    >>>install the Widcomm bluetooth stack, however I am unaware if this is
    >>>compatible with x64.

    >>Yes, this is pretty much what I'd figured out. So I guess the question is
    >>really does anyone know of a source for an x64 version of the widcomm
    >>software?
    >>

    >I couldn't find the software, but Google pointed out that WIDCOMM, Inc was
    >bought out by Broadcom and according to their publication:
    >
    >http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/pb/1000-BTW-PB02-R.pdf
    >
    >BCM1000-BTW is supposed to be available for Windows x64 - see page 2.
    >
    >It's amazing what people can find when they use Google!
    >
    >Try contacting Broadcom to see how to obtain their software.

    "Contact the OEM" is what their website says.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 24, 2005
  15. Barb Bowman wrote:

    >I'm not sure if the MS stack supports the headset..

    Exactly. It doesn't. LAME LAME LAME. <sorry, needed to vent>

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 24, 2005
  16. yup. Which, in our case, means Acer. And Acer's position is going to be "the
    MS stack works just fine". But it still would be good to start pressuring
    them to support this. Who knows, it might have an effect.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005
  17. Yup. We need to push on Acer

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005
  18. Steve -- have you tried working through the steps to get unrecognized BT
    devices recognized in this thread on planetamd64?
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=10387&hl=bluetooth

    I haven't worked through it, and don't have any unrecognized devices, but it
    looks like it should be possible.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005
  19. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    >Steve -- have you tried working through the steps to get unrecognized BT
    >devices recognized in this thread on planetamd64?
    >http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=10387&hl=bluetooth
    >
    >I haven't worked through it, and don't have any unrecognized devices, but
    >it looks like it should be possible.

    The device is recognised - I have bluetooth working. I've paired to my
    phone, my other PCs, all sorts, but the MS stack doesn't seem to support
    headset profiles, so the Jabra does nothing.

    There doesn't appear to be a widcomm driver (which does support the
    headset profile) available for x64 so far.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 24, 2005
  20. Darn. Sorry, I was hoping that thread might help, but clearly you've been
    beyond that already.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64