  1. hi, got a new phone for xmas, would like to connect it to my pc but do not
    have a usb cable it says i have to do it via bluetooth or infared would like
    help please anything would halp lol
    =?Utf-8?B?eXVtbXltdW1teQ==?=, Dec 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?eXVtbXltdW1teQ==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    OK So does your computer have Bluetooth or IR? What do you wish to do once
    connected? Do you have software to talk to your phone? A normal desktop
    computer will generally not have IR and it may or may not have Bluetooth. It
    may be cheaper to get the connection kit for your phone.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Dec 26, 2006

  3. hi, thnx for you help im not very good with all these computer terms lol .
    my phone is the new nokia 6111 and it dosent have any connection kits and no
    holes for anything onlu the charger and headset. my compuetr is one of the
    newest ones i think, its windows xp. when reading the manual to the phone it
    tells me to go to the control panel and there should be a bluetooth link
    there but there isnt? anymore helpful hints would be great ? thnx

    =?Utf-8?B?eXVtbXltdW1teQ==?=, Dec 27, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?eXVtbXltdW1teQ==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    If you post your PC brand and model I can try to check and see if it has
    Bluetooth, from your description it sounds like it doesn't.

    You might want to take a look at this page,
    http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/nokia-ca53-data-cable-p-1192.html It looks to
    me like the Nokia CA-53 Data Cable is what you want, note that it appears to
    come with Nokia PC suite (Communication Software and Drivers) and a bonus:
    CD-ROM Containing Thousands of ring tones and wallpapers. You're going to
    need the Nokia PC suite software and drivers to use your phone with your PC.
    The cable plugs into the hole you use to charge your phone.

    Note that you can download Nokia PC suite for free from here
    http://europe.nokia.com/A4144903

    Also your phone appears to work with three different USB cables, DKU-2,
    CA-53, CA-70

    David Hettel, Dec 27, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?eXVtbXltdW1teQ==?=

    Lem Guest

    yummymummy wrote:
    > hi, thnx for you help im not very good with all these computer terms lol .
    > my phone is the new nokia 6111 and it dosent have any connection kits and no
    > holes for anything onlu the charger and headset. my compuetr is one of the
    > newest ones i think, its windows xp. when reading the manual to the phone it
    > tells me to go to the control panel and there should be a bluetooth link
    > there but there isnt? anymore helpful hints would be great ? thnx
    >
    > "David Hettel" wrote:
    >
    >> OK So does your computer have Bluetooth or IR? What do you wish to do once
    >> connected? Do you have software to talk to your phone? A normal desktop
    >> computer will generally not have IR and it may or may not have Bluetooth. It
    >> may be cheaper to get the connection kit for your phone.
    >>
    >> --
    >> David Hettel
    >>
    >> Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for everyone
    >> to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to me in
    >> E-mail or news groups.

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any kind,
    >> either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy, reliability
    >> or content of this post. The author shall not be liable for any direct,
    >> indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of, or
    >> inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and confers
    >> no rights.
    >>

    >> "yummymummy" <> wrote in message
    >>> hi, got a new phone for xmas, would like to connect it to my pc but do not
    >>> have a usb cable it says i have to do it via bluetooth or infared would
    >>> like
    >>> help please anything would halp lol

    Your phone actually has 3 different ways to connect to your computer:
    Bluetooth, infrared (IR), and USB. You may have received a USB cable in
    the box with the phone. It may even be the wire that connects to your
    battery charger. Does the wire disconnect from the charger? And if so,
    does the end that connects to the charger look like this:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/thumb/2/2c/USB_plug.jpg/300px-USB_plug.jpg

    If so, that is your USB cable.

    Or, do you have a different cable that connects to the phone's
    "charging" connection that does have an end that looks like the one in
    the picture?

    Your computer almost certainly has a USB connection. If it is a recent
    laptop, it may also have an IR connection. And it's possible that it
    may have a Bluetooth connection. However, as David wrote, we can't tell
    until you tell us the make and model of your computer.

    I don't know what may or may not have been included with your phone.
    You may, in fact, have to buy a USB cable, unless your computer has
    Bluetooth or IR capability. Unless you have a laptop with an IR port, a
    USB cable, even if you have to buy one, is probably the least expensive,
    most reliable, and simplest way to connect your phone to your computer.

    You will probably want to install Nokia's "PC Suite" software on your
    computer in order to use the phone with the computer. I imagine it came
    on a CD packed with your phone. If not, you can download it -- and also
    find a user guide and other supporting information -- from Nokia:
    http://europe.nokia.com/A4144908

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Dec 27, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?eXVtbXltdW1teQ==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Well I'm glad to have been of some small help, to you. :)

    David Hettel, Dec 27, 2006