    ID: 889814?
    --
    lars

    =?Utf-8?B?bGFycw==?=, Oct 6, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bGFycw==?=

    LittleMoo Guest

    Well the name of the article you followed is "How to remove Bluetooth
    wireless device support in Windows XP Service Pack 2." So why did you think
    that this "uninstalls" the bluetooth device, as it removes device support?
    After you right clicked on the device listed under Bluetooth Radios and
    chose Uninstall - this is where you sould have stopped to uninstall your
    device.

    However, luckily for you this LOOKS easy to resolve, but in performing this
    you could have inadvertently caused more damage than you think. It seems all
    you have to do is rename the Bth.inf.old and Bth.pnf.old files in
    C:\Windows\Inf back to Bth.inf and Bth.pnf and then restart your computer to
    re-enable Bluetooth device support. Then at this point if your computer
    doesn't automatically install your device then you can run the Add Hardware
    wizard in the Control Panel.

    How to remove Bluetooth wireless device support in Windows XP Service Pack
    2: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889814/en-us (this is the article you
    followed - just a quick link to it)

    -Dan

    LittleMoo, Oct 6, 2006