    Other solutions enable me to install both but won't let my Bluetooth icon
    become active in the taskbar.

    Is there a definitive way to solve this problem that actually works?

    *****General, Jan 6, 2006

  2. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "*****General" <*****> wrote in message
    news:OQuvf.25225$...
    >I am trying to install a bluetooth dongle on my Windows 2003 Server
    >computer but am having problems. I have downloaded the WidComm drivers but
    >they don't work. The original installation CD provided with the dongle
    >doesn't work. I have also googled the problem and been through the various
    >solutions given on forums but nothing seems to work.
    >
    > Some solutions enable me to install the Bluetooth drivers but not my
    > dongle. Other solutions enable me to install both but won't let my
    > Bluetooth icon become active in the taskbar.
    >
    > Is there a definitive way to solve this problem that actually works?

    I ahve also run into the problem with the invalid license.dat file but I
    can't get that to work either. I'm tearing my hair out here. Someone help me
    from going bald......

    *****General, Jan 6, 2006

  3. *****General

    MJP Guest

    "*****General" <*****> wrote in message

    > "*****General" <*****> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to install a bluetooth dongle on my Windows 2003 Server
    > >computer but am having problems. I have downloaded the WidComm drivers

    but
    > >they don't work. The original installation CD provided with the dongle
    > >doesn't work. I have also googled the problem and been through the

    various
    > >solutions given on forums but nothing seems to work.
    > >
    > > Some solutions enable me to install the Bluetooth drivers but not my
    > > dongle. Other solutions enable me to install both but won't let my
    > > Bluetooth icon become active in the taskbar.
    > >
    > > Is there a definitive way to solve this problem that actually works?

    > I ahve also run into the problem with the invalid license.dat file but I
    > can't get that to work either. I'm tearing my hair out here. Someone help

    me
    > from going bald......

    Did you plug it in before installing the drivers? , if so windows we have
    installed its own generic drivers.

    You definately need to install the drivers before plugging the device in.

    You need to remove the device in device manager, running in safe mode. Then
    try re-installing the software, reboot and plug the device in.

    MJP, Jan 6, 2006