    anybody got one working sucessfully with Windows XP????

    cheers

    martin
    Martin, Dec 7, 2006

  2. Martin

    Martin Guest

    hmm.. new development - same laptop has Vista RC2 on it (dual boot with XP)
    so in desperation I boot into Vista, run the bluetooth wizard and it works
    first time!!! arghhhhhhhhh....

    The problem is that the laptop I really want to use it on isnt running Vista
    and won't be!!!

    Martin, Dec 7, 2006

  3. In message <el8r9u$9lb$>, Martin wrote:

    > ... same laptop has Vista RC2 on it (dual boot with
    > XP) so in desperation I boot into Vista, run the bluetooth wizard and it
    > works first time!!! arghhhhhhhhh....

    Hey, don't knock it, at least you've found a reason to upgrade to Vista.

    Otherwise you'll be upgrading and wondering why...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 12, 2006
  4. On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
    Martin exclaimed:
    > Has anyone had any joy connecting one of these Virtual Keyboards to Windows
    > XP - they are meant to work easily with PDA's / Smartphones but I can't seem
    > to get the thing to pair with Windows XP - I have tried 2 different laptops
    > and the same error message when I try and pair them -
    >
    > error in pairing with device 'VKB keyboard'

    From what I understand, the built-in XP bluetooth stack only supports a
    few types of devices - cellphones as modems, for example. Would have
    thought keyboards would be ok though ...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, Dec 13, 2006