    in my mind?

    Thank you in advance for help
    heyoo
    MZ, Sep 14, 2009

  2. MZ

    JD Guest

    MZ wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I am interested in buying Parrot DS1120 music speakers. Sound is transmitted
    > by bluetooth connection.
    >
    > I don`t know if these speakers plays good when I would have the source of
    > the sound (computer) located in the another room behind one/two walls
    >
    > The specification says that the range of transmitting is 10 meters.
    >
    > Can you help me if this speakers will satisfy me having this specification
    > in my mind?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for help
    > heyoo

    Hi Mz

    Bluetoth signals are deliberately week there only designed for being
    used close to the device, bluetooth headsets etc. it wont work properly
    through the walls if its anything like the bluetooth headsets I've used.

    cant you just use a small mp3 player, there's even some mp3 players that
    have bluetooth built in, to stream to bluetooth headphones ?

    JD
    JD, Sep 14, 2009

  3. MZ

    Paul Guest

    JD wrote:
    > MZ wrote:
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> I am interested in buying Parrot DS1120 music speakers. Sound is
    >> transmitted by bluetooth connection.
    >>
    >> I don`t know if these speakers plays good when I would have the source
    >> of the sound (computer) located in the another room behind one/two walls
    >>
    >> The specification says that the range of transmitting is 10 meters.
    >>
    >> Can you help me if this speakers will satisfy me having this
    >> specification in my mind?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance for help
    >> heyoo
    >>

    > Hi Mz
    >
    > Bluetoth signals are deliberately week there only designed for being
    > used close to the device, bluetooth headsets etc. it wont work properly
    > through the walls if its anything like the bluetooth headsets I've used.
    >
    > cant you just use a small mp3 player, there's even some mp3 players that
    > have bluetooth built in, to stream to bluetooth headphones ?
    >
    > JD

    There are different power classes for Bluetooth. The article here
    claims "100 meters" with Class 1. So I'd check the "Class" of both
    the Bluetooth transmitter and the Bluetooth speakers.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

    "In most cases the effective range of class 2 devices is extended if they
    connect to a class 1 transceiver, compared to a pure class 2 network."

    I don't know if I believe that. If both devices were class 1, then there
    would be a better chance of getting the extended range. Mixing a class 1
    transmitter, with class 2 speakers, may still only give the 10 meter range.

    The performance of the product, may also depend on the wireless environment
    it is used in. For example, if you already have WiFi N equipment, cordless
    telephones at 2.4GHz, microwave oven, and all sorts of other wireless
    gadgets, the Bluetooth communications may have trouble punching through
    all of that. If the Bluetooth link cannot deliver the required bit rate
    for the SBC codec, then I expect there will be dropouts in the music.

    I suppose you could run a USB cable closer to the other room, and plug a
    Bluetooth dongle into that. Or position a powered USB hub at the
    end of the USB cable, to ensure a good power source for the Bluetooth
    transmitter. That would allow some optimization of antenna position, like
    get closer to a doorway for line-of-sight.

    computer ---- 5 meter USB cable ------- powered --- BT BT
    USB hub dongle Speakers

    If the computer is a laptop, then that wouldn't be very convenient.
    If the computer is a desktop, then a few more wires might not be so bad.

    HTH,
    Paul
    Paul, Sep 15, 2009
  4. "MZ" <> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > I am interested in buying Parrot DS1120 music speakers. Sound is
    > transmitted by bluetooth connection.
    >
    > I don`t know if these speakers plays good when I would have the source of
    > the sound (computer) located in the another room behind one/two walls
    >
    > The specification says that the range of transmitting is 10 meters.
    >
    > Can you help me if this speakers will satisfy me having this specification
    > in my mind?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for help
    > heyoo

    Wireless speakers or Bluetooth speakers?

    I have wireless speakers that have a transmitter that plugs into the 2.5mm
    headphone jack and can transmit to the speakers in my backyard.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 15, 2009
  5. MZ

    MZ Guest

    U¿ytkownik "Jeff Strickland" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

    > "MZ" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> I am interested in buying Parrot DS1120 music speakers. Sound is
    >> transmitted by bluetooth connection.
    >>
    >> I don`t know if these speakers plays good when I would have the source of
    >> the sound (computer) located in the another room behind one/two walls
    >>
    >> The specification says that the range of transmitting is 10 meters.
    >>
    >> Can you help me if this speakers will satisfy me having this
    >> specification in my mind?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance for help
    >> heyoo
    >>

    > Wireless speakers or Bluetooth speakers?
    >
    > I have wireless speakers that have a transmitter that plugs into the 2.5mm
    > headphone jack and can transmit to the speakers in my backyard.

    Finally I`ve decided to buy wireless speakers. I don`t want to give the
    bluetooth
    speakers back to the seller if they doesn`t run as I want.
    I`ve decided to buy JBC Control One 2.4G speakers - not the cheapest one,
    but
    I will know for sure that it satisfies me.

    heyoo
    MZ, Sep 15, 2009