Bluetooth pairing without using a passkey/PIN

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by bboo, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. bboo

    bboo Guest

    I'm trying to pair a Bluetooth printer remote to a Windows XP.
    When manually pairing this to Windows via the BT Add HW Wizard it requires
    the selection of the "Don't use a passkey" option. Trying to do this
    programmatically is my issue.

    I used a API function, BluetoothAuthenticateDevice , to pairing and
    connecting it.

    The Bluetooth authentication process has two modes: Wizard mode and
    Transparent mode
    I want to provide as "Transparent mode" to user.

    I've tried string : Empty, "0000", "0000\0" (null-terminated), "1234",
    "1234\0" (null-terminated), "\0"
    All to not available.

    BluetoothAuthenticateDevice(NULL, bdsp.hRadio, &bdi, _T(""),
    BLUETOOTH_MAX_PASSKEY_SIZE);

    The result from BluetoothAuthenticateDevice is 87 (ERROR_INVALID_PARAM)

    Is PairRequest even the right function for this or do devices that don't
    require passkeys require different methodology to pair/connect to them?

    Please help me ~~~~~

    Thanks

    deokhee

    bboo, Aug 30, 2007