Bluetooth Modem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by bodger, May 27, 2004.

  1. bodger

    bodger Guest

    bodger, May 27, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 27, 2004

  3. bodger

    bodger Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please.dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    news:...
    > bodger wrote:
    >
    > > I'm looking for a place that sells a Zoom 4300 Bluetooth Modem within
    > > NZ and the price.
    > > The following link is what I'm looking for. Anyone help?
    > > http://www.expansys.co.nz/product.asp?code=107121

    > I assume that you have tried emailing these guys to see if they'll sell
    > you one?

    They will but from Australia and then there's the freight and the GST
    added and the hanging around customs for a few days till they get
    themselves sorted.
    I will deal with them if I cannot find a NZ distributor/supplier
    bodger, May 27, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 27, 2004

    http://www.google.com/search?q=blue...illa-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

    > or more precisely... this one.
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2063
    >
    > This guy hangs out in nz.comp so should be able to tell you where he got
    > it from.
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall

    I've got the review unit directly from Zoom in the U.S, and returned the
    modem to them since. It's a very nice unit and works well with Pocket PC,
    Palm and Bluetooth enabled laptops/desktops.

    A few months ago I contact Ascent to ask about this being available here and
    was told they had no plans of having this product available. This is coming
    from Ascent, which uses Tech Pac around here.

    I think Expansys is the best bet... Customs is not a big problem. In general
    the things I receive for review on Geekzone are released within the day of
    arrival in Auckland.

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    MS MVP Mobile Devices