Bluetooth missing from PC

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW5uaWU=?=, May 30, 2006.

  1. Hi - I cannot locate bluetooth anywhere on my PC - how can I find it?
    =?Utf-8?B?QW5uaWU=?=, May 30, 2006

  2. Hi
    Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
    bought and installed.
    If your computer was suppose to come with Bluetooth your documentation would
    help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 30, 2006

  3. Dear Annie,

    First look at the manual provided with your PC. If that is not availabel
    with you, let me know your PC model or make and year of purchase.
    Try to find a bluetooth key on your key pad which is used to ON/OFF
    bluetooth and wireless operations. Let me know if this helps.

    Vinod

    =?Utf-8?B?Vmlub2Q=?=, May 31, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QW5uaWU=?=

    Ernest Guest

    > Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
    > bought and installed.

    Many laptops however do come with Bluetooth.
    Ernest, May 31, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QW5uaWU=?=

    Dave B. Guest

    However seeing as how the O/P provided no usefull info, the reply was
    appropriate

    Dave B., May 31, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=, Jun 28, 2006
  7. Hi Jack: I understand that SP2 does provide a Bluetooth icon in XP Pro and
    Home Control Panel. If it is not present (XP Pro) , what can be done to
    enable it, short of a reinstall of SP?
    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxhbg==?=, Aug 8, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QW5uaWU=?=

    Lem Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > Hi Jack: I understand that SP2 does provide a Bluetooth icon in XP Pro and
    > Home Control Panel. If it is not present (XP Pro) , what can be done to
    > enable it, short of a reinstall of SP?
    > Thank you.
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
    >> bought and installed.
    >> If your computer was suppose to come with Bluetooth your documentation would
    >> help.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Annie" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi - I cannot locate bluetooth anywhere on my PC - how can I find it?

    AFAIK, the BT icon is only there if you have installed BT hardware. At
    least, that's my experience. That is, there are several BTxxx.inf files
    in Windows\inf\ but nothing gets installed until the hardware is detected.
    Lem, Aug 8, 2006
  9. Thanks, Lem. I do have a BT Bluesoleil dongle installed and after much
    pulling out of sparse hair, have it working to Synch with my Blackberry
    8700r. The blue/white icon BT icon appears in System Tray and in Device
    manager, but not in the alpha list inside Control Panel, e.g. between Auto
    Updates-Date and Time. Guess it's not an issue if the thing is working. Just
    curious and thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxhbg==?=, Aug 8, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QW5uaWU=?=

    Lem Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > Thanks, Lem. I do have a BT Bluesoleil dongle installed and after much
    > pulling out of sparse hair, have it working to Synch with my Blackberry
    > 8700r. The blue/white icon BT icon appears in System Tray and in Device
    > manager, but not in the alpha list inside Control Panel, e.g. between Auto
    > Updates-Date and Time. Guess it's not an issue if the thing is working. Just
    > curious and thanks.
    >
    > "Lem" wrote:
    >
    >> Alan wrote:
    >>> Hi Jack: I understand that SP2 does provide a Bluetooth icon in XP Pro and
    >>> Home Control Panel. If it is not present (XP Pro) , what can be done to
    >>> enable it, short of a reinstall of SP?
    >>> Thank you.

    >> AFAIK, the BT icon is only there if you have installed BT hardware. At
    >> least, that's my experience. That is, there are several BTxxx.inf files
    >> in Windows\inf\ but nothing gets installed until the hardware is detected.

    Glad it's working. I just installed a Widcomm-based BT dongle (which
    uses its own BT stack instead of the built-in XP stack) and it spewed
    icons everywhere: one on the top of the start > programs menu, one at
    the bottom of start > programs, one in the notification area, and "My
    Bluetooth Places" on the desktop. And one in Control Panel. As I
    recall, I could get to the same "configure BT" screen from the
    notification area icon as from the control panel icon.
    Lem, Aug 8, 2006
  11. Yikes, talk about overkill! Yes, somehow I have 2 Bluesoleil drivers, but no
    native MS one, which I think is what I wanted to avoid. Wh2 ? Quien sabe as
    they say Otherwise The Bluesoleil Widcomm stack seems okay, except
    frequently when I enable BT on my BB and the Bluesoleil User interface, it
    says it can'r find the BB. Arrgh! By stupid trial and error I discovered that
    pair/unpairing doesn't fix it.. need to unplug and replug the BT adapator in
    the same USB port. I could easily synch with the BB-supplied USB cable but I
    am a masochist...just had to make this ^$%#@#$% thing work. Thank you very
    much for your speedy responses, Lem
    Cheers.
    Alan