    Any preferred makes or models?
    --
    Chris
    Chris, Jul 1, 2006

  2. Chris

    Nick Guest

    "Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    news:X57tBpAMdrpEFwyR@[127.0.0.1]...
    > Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
    > go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
    > as if it was an ordinary phone.
    >

    > Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
    > And what about Bluetooth headsets?
    > Any preferred makes or models?
    > --
    > Chris

    Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.
    Nick, Jul 1, 2006

  3. Chris

    Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:08:32 GMT, "Nick" <>,
    wrote:

    >"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    >> Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
    >> go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
    >> as if it was an ordinary phone.
    >>

    >> Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
    >> And what about Bluetooth headsets?
    >> Any preferred makes or models?
    >> --
    >> Chris

    >Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.

    Perfect for people with three hands
    , Jul 1, 2006
  4. Chris

    Mike Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:08:32 GMT, "Nick" <>,
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
    >>>go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
    >>>as if it was an ordinary phone.
    >>>

    >>>Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
    >>>And what about Bluetooth headsets?
    >>>Any preferred makes or models?
    >>>--
    >>>Chris

    >>Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.
    >>

    > Perfect for people with three hands

    FX: Looks at BT DECT phone on desk with handsfree speakerphone, belt
    clip, earpiece & microphone set and better range than any Bluetooth
    device. Hmmmm
    Mike, Jul 2, 2006
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    In article <4DApg.2547$>, Nick
    <> writes
    >"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    >> Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
    >> go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
    >> as if it was an ordinary phone.
    >> Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
    >> And what about Bluetooth headsets?
    >> Any preferred makes or models?

    >Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.

    OK - thanks. Does this need to be a different phone from the one I use
    with POTS? And any recommendations for an ATA?
    --
    Chris
    Chris, Jul 2, 2006
  6. Chris

    Jono Guest

    Chris expressed precisely :
    > In article <4DApg.2547$>, Nick
    > <> writes
    >>"Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    >>> Thinking of using VOIP - and Bluetooth seems the only practical way to
    >>> go - in that you can walk around and make a coffee while chatting - just
    >>> as if it was an ordinary phone.
    >>> Are all dongles equal? Or are some to be preferred?
    >>> And what about Bluetooth headsets?
    >>> Any preferred makes or models?

    >>Use an ATA then use any cordless phone. Ideally DECT.

    > OK - thanks. Does this need to be a different phone from the one I use with
    > POTS? And any recommendations for an ATA?

    If you use (something like) the Sipura/Linksys SPA 3000 ...or is is
    3102 now........it has POTS connection as well.
    Jono, Jul 2, 2006
  7. Chris

    mattpark Guest

    You can do it over bluetooth, however this is not the best way!

    As others have said, an ATA and any dect phone will do you great.

    You can also look at getting a wireless router and a wifi VoIP fon
    like the ones from utstarcom
    http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/18/cat/4

    I've used the f1000 which i wasn't too impressed with, but the f300
    has had some good reviews!

    If you end up getting a wireless router go for one with QoS

    --
    mattpark
    mattpark, Jul 3, 2006