    the headset? The bluetooth dongle is from a company called
    www.brainbox.com. Their website doesn't have any software to use, it
    states that it just uses windows xp drivers.

    Woody_lincs, Apr 29, 2006

  2. Woody_lincs

    Gray Ghost Guest

    Woody_lincs <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi, I've recently purchased a Bluetooth headset (Belkin) to try and use
    > VOIPBuster and MSN etc. Unfortunately the software and windows does not
    > recognise it as a headset/microphone. How can I get windows to recognise
    > the headset? The bluetooth dongle is from a company called
    > www.brainbox.com. Their website doesn't have any software to use, it
    > states that it just uses windows xp drivers.

    So basically if I'm reading this correctly, they're stating that you need
    to use the Microsoft Bluetooth driver stack. It's a pretty lame stack if
    you ask me. Nevertheless, you might want to see about getting a USB dongle
    from Kensington that comes with the Widcomm stack which does support the
    audio and headset profiles.

    Gray Ghost, Apr 30, 2006

  3. Woody_lincs

    JP Guest

    My bluetooth dongle came with
    "Woody_lincs" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I've recently purchased a Bluetooth headset (Belkin) to try and use
    > VOIPBuster and MSN etc. Unfortunately the software and windows does not
    > recognise it as a headset/microphone. How can I get windows to recognise
    > the headset? The bluetooth dongle is from a company called
    > www.brainbox.com. Their website doesn't have any software to use, it
    > states that it just uses windows xp drivers.

    My cheap dongle came with std http://www.bluesoleil.com/ software included
    that allows a headset to be recognised as an audio device. You can download
    the evaluation version from that site, purchase a version if it works.

    -Jeepers

    JP, Apr 30, 2006