    I am sure to look silly as I expect there is a really obvious answer to
    this, but i'm afraid that I cannot see the wood for the trees right now!

    Many thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Apr 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

    BobC Guest

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:55:04 -0700, Tom wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I seem to be having a problem with the bluetooth connectivity on my laptop
    > (unsure which Acer of the 1520 series it is right now). Basically, when I
    > press the bluetooth connection button (next to the wireless LAN one) just
    > above the keyboard, a green message flags up saying "No Device". I have
    > Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed and a motorola V3 phone, the bluetooth
    > software of which I have installed.
    >
    > I am sure to look silly as I expect there is a really obvious answer to
    > this, but i'm afraid that I cannot see the wood for the trees right now!
    >
    > Many thanks

    Some laptops use the same "slot" for wifi or bluetooth. Are you sure you
    have a bluetooth device? Does the device show up in the device manager?
    BobC, Apr 17, 2005

  3. The laptop has WiFi built in which I activate with a button on the keyboard
    and that works very well. The bluetooth has a button too, but when I press
    that one it says "no device" which could mean it's not detecting the phone,
    or there is no bluetooth built in.

    I do not know what the WiFi device would show as so what would I look for in
    the bluetooth one?

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Apr 18, 2005