    I have a Canon 5D camera which has a USB port to connect to a PC or laptop.
    Is there any way I can get a wireless Bluetooth link to the PC/Laptop
    instead - and what equipment would I need.
    UKR, Dec 4, 2006

  2. UKR wrote:
    > I have a Canon 5D camera which has a USB port to connect to a PC or laptop.
    > Is there any way I can get a wireless Bluetooth link to the PC/Laptop
    > instead - and what equipment would I need.

    Check Canon's site, or BnH.

    How would you be using this?

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 4, 2006

  3. UKR

    UKR Guest

    I want to shoot straight to a laptop both in a stdio and location sutuation
    but I want a wireless connection - bluetooth - to avoid using a USB cable
    link.

    UKR, Dec 4, 2006
  4. UKR

    Mark B. Guest

    "UKR" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon 5D camera which has a USB port to connect to a PC or
    >laptop. Is there any way I can get a wireless Bluetooth link to the
    >PC/Laptop instead - and what equipment would I need.

    Canon has a wi-fi solution, but it ain't cheap:

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=365948&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    The description says it's for the 1Ds M.II, but the Canon website says it is
    compatible with the 20D, 30D, 5D, 1D, & 1Ds.

    Mark
    Mark B., Dec 4, 2006
  5. UKR

    UKR Guest

    I know about Canon's WIFI solution - like most things Canon it's too
    expensive and there must be a cheap bluetooth solution I feel

    UKR, Dec 4, 2006
  6. UKR

    Matt Ion Guest

    UKR wrote:
    > I know about Canon's WIFI solution - like most things Canon it's too
    > expensive and there must be a cheap bluetooth solution I feel

    Bluetooth has a maximum data rate of a little over 700kbps, and nominally
    amywhere between 100 and 400kbps. Expect it to take several minutes to transfer
    a single full-resolution photo via BT. Is going wireless really worth so much
    of your time?
    Matt Ion, Dec 4, 2006
  7. UKR

    UKR Guest

    Thanks Matt - that is useful reply and a bit of a reality check for me. I
    just dont like having to pay Canon's exploitative prices for accessories.

    UKR, Dec 5, 2006