    to find it. I have a Motorola V600 Bluetooth cell and I need to transfer my
    pics to the computer then back to my replacement phone.

    Can anyone help me?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpdG93bmJhYnM=?=, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Unlike XP SP 2, there's no native Bluetooth support in Windows 2000. You'll
    need drivers. Have you contacted Olympia?

    If all else fails, you could get yourself one of http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=032.
    Its dongle works with just about anything, it works in Windos 2000, and it's
    a really neat mouse, too. :)

    Steve Riley

    Steve Riley [MSFT], Jan 12, 2005

  3. No they have not answered me yet. I did download a Bluetooth program from
    Targus but it tells me that it does not have a license for the bluetooth
    device.
    Isn't there a general Bluetooth device driver or are they particular to that
    product?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpdG93bmJhYnM=?=, Jan 12, 2005
  4. The drivers in XP are generic.

    Drivers for other products are almost always device-specific.

    Steve Riley

    Steve Riley [MSFT], Jan 12, 2005
  5. "Chitownbabs" wrote:
    > No they have not answered me yet. I did download a Bluetooth program from
    > Targus but it tells me that it does not have a license for the bluetooth
    > device.
    > Isn't there a general Bluetooth device driver or are they particular to that
    > product?

    Most probably this dongle will work with the generic Widcomm driver.
    But drivers distributed via OEMs are locked by something hardware specific
    (MAC address or whatever these chips have) so you can't use software from
    other OEM.
    Keep trying your vendor, or buy other dongle.
    Or upgrade to XP.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Jan 14, 2005