    devices.

    Am I just not doing it right, or is that service something that I need
    to explicitly install?
    PeteCresswell, Jan 13, 2009

  2. On Jan 13, 9:18 am, PeteCresswell <> wrote:
    > Am I just not doing it right, or is that service something that I need
    > to explicitly install?

    Oops... I think I've found it. More Linux-Like than Windows-Like...
    -)

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883259#81
    PeteCresswell, Jan 13, 2009

  3. On Jan 13, 9:24 am, PeteCresswell <> wrote:

    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883259#81

    This works when sending from the desktop pc to the laptop.

    But going the other way, the laptop cannot find the desktop in
    Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard | Send To | Browse.

    OTOH, on that same laptop, My Bluetooth Places | Find Bluetooth
    Devices shows the desktop PC, as does Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood.

    i.e. My Bluetooth Places sees the PC but fsquirt.exe does not.

    Can anybody shed some light?
    PeteCresswell, Jan 13, 2009
  4. Why are you wasting your time with Bluetooth?
    BlueTooth is designed for having Hand-Held Devices interact with the
    PC,...which in may cases will require a Utility from the manufacturer of the
    Hand-Held Device in order for it to work conveniently.

    With PC-to-PC use Ethernet (wired or wireless), combined with Windows File
    Sharing abilities.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Jan 13, 2009
  5. On Jan 13, 4:16 pm, "Phillip Windell" <> wrote:
    > Why are you wasting your time with Bluetooth?
    > BlueTooth is designed for...

    Locked-down corporate environment.

    No WiFi access, no LAN access by the PC in question.

    Want to flip the occasional file between my itty-bitty "walking
    around" PC and my workstation.

    fSquirt works. Just seems more Linux-like than Windows-Like. i.e.
    it works from a command line, but there's no UI around it.
    PeteCresswell, Jan 13, 2009
  6. PeteCresswell

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jan 13, 10:34 pm, PeteCresswell <> wrote:
    > On Jan 13, 4:16 pm, "Phillip Windell" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Why are you wasting your time with Bluetooth?
    > > BlueTooth is designed for...

    > Locked-down corporate environment.
    >
    > No WiFi access, no LAN access by the PC in question.
    >
    > Want to flip the occasional file between my itty-bitty "walking
    > around" PC and my workstation.
    >
    > fSquirt works.   Just seems more Linux-like than Windows-Like.  i.e.
    > it works from a command line, but there's no UI around it.

    What Bluetooth protocol stack are you using? Microsoft has not WHQL
    certified most Bluetooth devices. Microsoft's own SP2 built-in
    Bluetooth protocol stack is extremely limited.
    smlunatick, Jan 14, 2009
  7. I don't give advice on how to skirt locked down Corp Policy.

    If what you are doing is not against Corp Policy then the Corp IT people can
    help you do what you need to do in a way that does not violate policy.

    Phillip Windell, Jan 14, 2009