    contact Microsoft or the cell phone manufacture.

    Does anybody know how to config Windows so I can use my cell phone as a
    wireless modem to connect to the Internet.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Sep 14, 2005

  2. I've recently went to My network connections and under personal network
    connections found a Bluetooth connection disconnected so I went to connect it
    by opening view Bluetooth network devices and went I asked Windows to search
    for Bluetooth device it keeps not recognizing my cell phone and I get the
    following message "Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure that
    your Bluetooth radio is attached to your computer and is turned on, and that
    your Bluetooth device is turned on. Follow the setup instructions that came
    with the device, and then click Search Again."

    But when I go to Bluetooth devices listed by the Bluetooth icon on my bottom
    left-hand corner of my screen under device is my cell phone is listed under
    the port option the name of my cell phone is also listed with the reading

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Sep 14, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

    Mac Guest

    you need the dial up software that is supplied by you phone manufacturer "if
    " your phone support this feature! it has nothing to do with the adapter or
    verizon as long as your data plan supports dial up!I'd like to help you more
    but without the make and model if your phone that is as far as I can do!
    BTW, don't confuse BT with 811 b/g..2 different technologies!

    Mac, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Motorola V710, why the to BT and 811?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Sep 14, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

    Mac Guest

    This is a really great phone, but it has certainly been crippled at
    Verizon's request.

    This is from Moto web site!

    "NOTE: Certain mobile phone features are dependent on the capabilities and
    settings of your service provider's network. Additionally, certain features
    may not be activated by your service provider, and/or their network settings
    may limit the feature's functionality.Always contact your service provider
    about feature availability and functionality.All features, functionality and
    other product specifications are based upon the latest available information
    and are believed to be accurate; however such product specifications are
    subject to change without notice or obligation."

    Again, Make sure that Verizon did not kill the modem (via Bluetooth)
    feature! If they did not then Use the CD that came with the phone to install
    the dial up software for your specific phone and you should be good to go!
    Good luck!

    Mac, Sep 14, 2005
  6. I have also tryed it with my new LG8100 and the same thing

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Sep 15, 2005