Bluescreenproblem without any solutions from Vista

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Nexon, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. Nexon

    Nexon Guest

    I have reacently bought a new computer and now I'm sometimes getting
    bluescreen when I play games or just are standing still in Windows. My
    processor is AMD Athlon 64 X2 and therefor have Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
    When I restart the computer after a bluscreen Vista shows me some information
    about the issue and the error codes are always the same. Unfortunatly Vista
    are unable to find a sulution to the problem so therefor I hope some of you
    are able to tell me what this error code means:

    Problemsignatur:
    Problemhändelsens namn: BlueScreen
    OS-version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Språkvariant-ID: 1053

    Ytterligare information om problemet:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 0000000000000010
    BCP2: 0000000000000002
    BCP3: 0000000000000001
    BCP4: FFFFF980008926CE
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

    I'm sorry for that some of the information are in Swedish but the important
    parts are in English. Thank you in advance.
    Nexon, Apr 23, 2008

  2. To play demanding games in a 64bit OS, you will probably need to have a
    machine built from quality components - a Brand Name PC that you buy over
    the counter at some super-store [may] not deliver the kind of performance
    that you need. You [may] expect to have problems with heat or the memory or
    the quality of the Power Supply. The fact that you [may] have a PSU that is
    boasting a 'Watt figure' that seems to be enough, is no guarrantee that it
    really is enough. If you read the add's, you will have a hard time finding
    any PC that is NOT equiped to do first class gaming - in fact, to do any
    graphics gaming at all, you will probably need a machine that is among the
    best 3 1/4.

    Graphics drivers for some video cards are giving Vista-People some
    head-ache!

    I think you should tell us what PC you have and the specifications, and
    personally, I would run a memory test over night. Vista comes with such a
    utility, but I don't know if it is any good(?) - as an alternative, you
    could download 'Memtest86' for free.

    BSOD's are often happening because of Heat, Memory or Driver problems. The
    best way to make a guess is if you can inform us of your PC and how it
    reacts to a memory test. And - of course - which game is giving you this
    problem?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 24, 2008

  3. Nexon

    Kue2 Guest

    Have u updated your video Driver?also install SP1

    Kue2, Apr 24, 2008
  4. Keep an eye on your chipset drivers too.
    Especially Nvidia chipsets.
    AMD CPU's can allso have a dual-proccesor issue if you did not install a
    certain patch off their site. This could creating a sync problem with the RTC
    of the computer.

    Btw playing game(s) on Vista 64 might run better if you install DirectX 9.x
    (2008 march update) Vista comes with Directx 10 but most older and todays
    game still might be optimized for DirectX9. (Yes, you can install DirectX9 on
    Vista x64).

    It also sometimes helps to run game in Compatibility mode. And some require
    administrative access to run services (MMORPG's like WoW, Lineage2,
    Guildwars, Steampowered games).

    PaladinWxpX64, Apr 24, 2008
  5. Nexon

    John Barnes Guest

    Go into System Properties/Advanced/Startup and turn off (uncheck) automatic
    restart. Then post back with the error code and error message that will
    appear on your screen.

    John Barnes, Apr 24, 2008
  6. Nexon

    Nexon Guest

    Let me give an answear to all of you in this post.

    My computer specs is:
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+
    Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 520
    Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
    RAM: 2x Corsair XMS2 CM2x1042-6400 1GB
    HDD: Maxtor 6L300S0 300GB

    I have the latest graphic drivers from ATI (april 2008) and also the latest
    drivers from AMD for Athlon 64.

    - What games am I playing when the problem occur?
    The problem is that sometimes I'm not playing any game at all, I'm just in
    Vista listening to music or whatever. Games I have been playing when it have
    happend is Crysis, World in Conflict, Team Fortress 2 and Sim City Societies,
    I haven't played so many other games yet on this computer.

    I have now turned off the automatic restart and will write down the error
    code on the screen.
    Nexon, Apr 25, 2008
  7. The computer specs look right for Vista. Could the machine be overheating?
    I assume you are not overclocking.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 25, 2008
  8. Nexon

    Nexon Guest

    I just got another Bluescreen and instead of just writing it down I took a
    picture so you can read for yourselves:
    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/5963/dsc00400eb2.jpg

    And to answear Colin Barnhorst:
    No, I'm not overclocking and I'm not sure that the machine is overheating
    because the fans are quite calm.

    Anyway, I hope you can make something out of that bluescreen of mine.

    Nexon, Apr 25, 2008
  9. Nexon

    Carlos Guest

    Nexon,
    Here you go:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818326

    "STOP 0x0000001D or STOP 0x000000A Stop Error Occurs in Ndis.sys"

    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 25, 2008
  10. I just get a red x in the upper left. Sorry. What is the stop error code?

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 25, 2008
  11. Like Carlos says, KB's are usually a good place to start. One other source
    mentions video card or driver problem - you might try an older driver or try
    borrowing another card if you can get your hands on one? It doesn't have to
    be an exact twin - but you might learn more if it is.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 26, 2008
  12. Nexon

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    You are right.
    After checking the KB I would:
    1.- Uninstall the Athlon processor driver from AMD. Those have given me
    headaches in the past (BSOD after resume). The ones supplied by Vista are Ok.
    2.- Uninstall any nForce chipset driver downloaded from WU. I encourage the
    OP to install the NVidia (www.nvidia.com) 15.01's
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 26, 2008
  13. Well, Carlos, you know more about Vista and it's inherent punishments, than
    me and this sounds like a well founded opinion, but the OP is on ATI
    graphics and that could cast it's own punishment in a Vista environment, if
    I'm not mistaken?

    By wich, I mean to say that installing those 'nForce' drivers might not be
    an excuse for not trying out another ATI driver as well?

    (and/or card?)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 26, 2008
  14. Nexon

    Carlos Guest

    ATI graphics might be an issue also.
    But his mobo is NVidia nForce 520 based (mine is nForce 550 based) and
    nForce drivers (chipset) supplied by WU are a pain in the butt.
    nForce drivers supplied by NVidia (a.k.a. the "15.01's") are the way to go.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 26, 2008
  15. Nexon

    Nexon Guest

    Thank you for your help, the problem is now solved. For the first time
    Windows located the problem to my Realtek 8168 PCI/PCIe Adapter Driver. On
    Realtek's website I found new drivers for Vista 64-bit and now I haven't had
    a bluescreen in days, from which I assume that the problem is gone.
    Anyway, thank you for your help.

    Nexon, Apr 28, 2008
  16. Great news!

    At the time, I think I did find one reference to network adapters, but with
    your spec's I reconned the chances to be a little remote. So, we still learn
    every day.

    :0)

    Tony. . .
    Tony Sperling, Apr 28, 2008
  17. Nexon

    Carlos Guest

    And the KB I referenced also talks about Network problems causing that issue...
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 28, 2008