BlueScreen

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kue2, May 8, 2007.

  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Product
    Windows

    Problem
    Shut down unexpectedly

    Date
    08/05/2007 10:55 AM

    Status
    Report Sent

    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 4105

    Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
    Mini050807-01.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    Version.txt

    Extra information about the problem
    BCCode: 50
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
    BCP2: 0000000000000000
    BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454

    Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
    data????

    Kue2, May 8, 2007

  2. Kue2

    You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
    reporting service. This is useless here.

    You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.

    Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the Event
    Viewer.exe.

    In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look for
    any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue screen
    error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the error
    message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower left. Paste
    the results back here in a reply.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Ronnie Vernon MVP, May 9, 2007

  3. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Information 08/05/2007 10:56:06 AM Windows Error Reporting 1001 None

    Log Name: Application
    Source: Windows Error Reporting
    Date: 08/05/2007 10:56:06 AM
    Event ID: 1001
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Fault bucket X64_0x50_win32k!xxxCreateDesktopEx+901, type 0
    Event Name: BlueScreen
    Response: None
    Cab Id: 0

    Problem signature:
    P1:
    P2:
    P3:
    P4:
    P5:
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

    Attached files:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini050807-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Hugh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-331296-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Hugh\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE566.tmp.version.txt

    These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report0dfe381a
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>18342</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Hugh-PC-Vista</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>X64_0x50_win32k!xxxCreateDesktopEx+901</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>BlueScreen</Data>
    <Data>None</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini050807-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Hugh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-331296-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Hugh\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE566.tmp.version.txt</Data>
    <Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report0dfe381a</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

    Kue2, May 9, 2007
  4. Kue2

    Chad Harris Guest

    Kue 2--

    As Ronnie said; and also did you have one unexpected shut down or
    several--I know that often Event Viewer provides no useful information but
    it is certainly worth trying. Is Vista now running all right for the time
    being, or do you have a problem booting to Vista?

    CH

    Chad Harris, May 9, 2007
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Ronnie:
    As far as I know this only happens when my wife tries to log off. It does
    not happen if I log off. It appears to happen only when she is logging off.
    I set the computer to not to re-boot on error. I may be able to get more
    info from the blue screen the next time it happens. It does not happen every
    time she logs off. Very strange. This error did not appear in any of the
    betas I ran,just in the RTM. I have not changed any hardware since running
    the betas.
    Any ideas ???

    Kue2, May 9, 2007
  6. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    No problem booting to Vista. Vista is stable for me. Blue screen appears
    only when my wife logs on & then logs off later. It does not happen all the
    time.

    Kue2, May 9, 2007
  7. Kue2

    The blue screen information may be a better source for the information. The
    other information you posted from the event viewer didn't help much, it was
    just informational.

    Try to recreate the blue screen and post back here with the error info.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > Ronnie:
    > As far as I know this only happens when my wife tries to log off. It does
    > not happen if I log off. It appears to happen only when she is logging
    > off. I set the computer to not to re-boot on error. I may be able to get
    > more info from the blue screen the next time it happens. It does not
    > happen every time she logs off. Very strange. This error did not appear in
    > any of the betas I ran,just in the RTM. I have not changed any hardware
    > since running the betas.
    > Any ideas ???
    >

    > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> Kue2
    >>
    >> You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
    >> reporting service. This is useless here.
    >>
    >> You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.
    >>
    >> Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the
    >> Event Viewer.exe.
    >>
    >> In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look
    >> for any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue
    >> screen error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the
    >> error message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower
    >> left. Paste the results back here in a reply.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Ronnie Vernon
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >>> Product
    >>> Windows
    >>>
    >>> Problem
    >>> Shut down unexpectedly
    >>>
    >>> Date
    >>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
    >>>
    >>> Status
    >>> Report Sent
    >>>
    >>> Problem signature
    >>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    >>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    >>> Locale ID: 4105
    >>>
    >>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
    >>> available)
    >>> Mini050807-01.dmp
    >>> sysdata.xml

    Ronnie Vernon MVP, May 9, 2007
  8. 2 possibilities:

    1) Look at what programs she is using. If she is using anything different to
    your logon that runs until the machine is shut down, try those 1 at a time.
    Eg, forcibly shut down 1 program and shut down and if that doesn't work, try
    another. The program(s) that are different to what you run in your logon may
    be corrupted or some file they use is.

    2) Your wife's logon is corrupted. Easily fixed. Delete it and then make up
    a new one.

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > Ronnie:
    > As far as I know this only happens when my wife tries to log off. It does
    > not happen if I log off. It appears to happen only when she is logging
    > off. I set the computer to not to re-boot on error. I may be able to get
    > more info from the blue screen the next time it happens. It does not
    > happen every time she logs off. Very strange. This error did not appear in
    > any of the betas I ran,just in the RTM. I have not changed any hardware
    > since running the betas.
    > Any ideas ???
    >

    > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> Kue2
    >>
    >> You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
    >> reporting service. This is useless here.
    >>
    >> You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.
    >>
    >> Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the
    >> Event Viewer.exe.
    >>
    >> In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look
    >> for any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue
    >> screen error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the
    >> error message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower
    >> left. Paste the results back here in a reply.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Ronnie Vernon
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >>> Product
    >>> Windows
    >>>
    >>> Problem
    >>> Shut down unexpectedly
    >>>
    >>> Date
    >>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
    >>>
    >>> Status
    >>> Report Sent
    >>>
    >>> Problem signature
    >>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    >>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    >>> Locale ID: 4105
    >>>
    >>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
    >>> available)
    >>> Mini050807-01.dmp
    >>> sysdata.xml

    Diamontina Cocktail, May 9, 2007
  9. PS,

    When your wife uses the machine, had you already been using it and she used
    Fast User Switch to go to her account? As a test, get her to logoff and go
    back to the Welcome screen and then logon to her own ID and then try to shut
    the machine down. It may simply be some program not working with fast user
    switching.

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > No problem booting to Vista. Vista is stable for me. Blue screen appears
    > only when my wife logs on & then logs off later. It does not happen all
    > the time.
    >

    > "Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
    >> Kue 2--
    >>
    >> As Ronnie said; and also did you have one unexpected shut down or
    >> several--I know that often Event Viewer provides no useful information
    >> but it is certainly worth trying. Is Vista now running all right for the
    >> time being, or do you have a problem booting to Vista?
    >>
    >> CH
    >>

    >> "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >>> Product
    >>> Windows
    >>>
    >>> Problem
    >>> Shut down unexpectedly
    >>>
    >>> Date
    >>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
    >>>
    >>> Status
    >>> Report Sent
    >>>
    >>> Problem signature
    >>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    >>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    >>> Locale ID: 4105
    >>>
    >>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
    >>> available)
    >>> Mini050807-01.dmp
    >>> sysdata.xml

    Diamontina Cocktail, May 9, 2007
  10. Kue2

    Chad Harris Guest

    Kue--

    Try Diamantha's suggestion. Type "control userpasswords2" in your run
    box>Advanced tab>advanced button>click users on the right>rt. click wife's
    profile and delete.

    Then Recreate Wife's user account.

    Control Panel>User Accounts>

    Click Manage another account. If you are prompted for an administrator
    password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

    Click Create a new account.

    Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and
    then click Create Account.
    ____________

    or Rename her account:

    To rename a local user account

    Open Computer Management.

    In the console tree, click Users.

    Where?

    Computer Management\System Tools\Local Users and Groups\Users

    Right-click the user account that you want to rename, and then click Rename.

    Type the new user name, and then press ENTER.

    Good luck,

    CH

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > No problem booting to Vista. Vista is stable for me. Blue screen appears
    > only when my wife logs on & then logs off later. It does not happen all
    > the time.
    >

    > "Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
    >> Kue 2--
    >>
    >> As Ronnie said; and also did you have one unexpected shut down or
    >> several--I know that often Event Viewer provides no useful information
    >> but it is certainly worth trying. Is Vista now running all right for the
    >> time being, or do you have a problem booting to Vista?
    >>
    >> CH
    >>

    >> "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >>> Product
    >>> Windows
    >>>
    >>> Problem
    >>> Shut down unexpectedly
    >>>
    >>> Date
    >>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
    >>>
    >>> Status
    >>> Report Sent
    >>>
    >>> Problem signature
    >>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    >>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    >>> Locale ID: 4105
    >>>
    >>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
    >>> available)
    >>> Mini050807-01.dmp
    >>> sysdata.xml

    Chad Harris, May 9, 2007
  11. Kue2

    Andrea Guest

    Kue2 pisze:
    > Product
    > Windows
    >
    > Problem
    > Shut down unexpectedly
    >
    > Date
    > 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
    >
    > Status
    > Report Sent
    >
    > Problem signature
    > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    > Locale ID: 4105
    >
    > Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
    > available)
    > Mini050807-01.dmp
    > sysdata.xml
    > Version.txt
    >
    > Extra information about the problem
    > BCCode: 50
    > BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
    > BCP2: 0000000000000000
    > BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
    > BCP4: 0000000000000000
    > OS Version: 6_0_6000
    > Service Pack: 0_0
    > Product: 256_1
    > Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
    >
    > Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
    > data????

    It's not an error - it's a feature :p

    --
    Well, certainly there are those more responsible than others, and
    they will be held accountable, but again, truth be told, if you're

    Andrea, May 9, 2007
  12. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Blue screen today
    From the blue screen:

    Captured this info from Blue Screen

    Page_fault_IN_Nonpaged_area

    Stop:0x00000050,0xffffffffffffffe0,0x0000000000000000,0xfffff80001c59eca,0x00000000000000000.

    Kue2, May 9, 2007
  13. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    I goggled to page fault error & also tested the memory.Memory passed.Is
    there a way to test video memory on the video card? (program)? Could the
    Nvidia drivers for the video card be causing this error? Nvidia driver
    installed 158.24 although had same error with previous versions installed.
    Any suggestion?

    Kue2, May 9, 2007
  14. Kue2

    Theo Guest

    If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter your Stop code,
    0x00000050, in the search box, you will be presented with
    717 possibilities for you to peruse and possible find a
    likely solution or give you more ideas about your particular
    situation.

    Kue2 wrote:

    > Blue screen today
    > From the blue screen:
    >
    > Captured this info from Blue Screen
    >

    > Page_fault_IN_Nonpaged_area
    >
    > Stop:0x00000050,0xffffffffffffffe0,0x0000000000000000,0xfffff80001c59eca,0x00000000000000000.
    >

    > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> Kue2
    >>
    >> You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
    >> reporting service. This is useless here.
    >>
    >> You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.
    >>
    >> Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the
    >> Event Viewer.exe.
    >>
    >> In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look
    >> for any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue
    >> screen error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the
    >> error message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower
    >> left. Paste the results back here in a reply.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Ronnie Vernon
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >>> Product
    >>> Windows
    >>>
    >>> Problem
    >>> Shut down unexpectedly
    >>>
    >>> Date
    >>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
    >>>
    >>> Status
    >>> Report Sent
    >>>
    >>> Problem signature
    >>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    >>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    >>> Locale ID: 4105
    >>>
    >>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
    >>> available)
    >>> Mini050807-01.dmp
    >>> sysdata.xml

    Theo, May 9, 2007
  15. Kue2

    Theo Guest

    P.S.

    If you search for '0x00000050 nonpaged' you only get 286
    possibilities. Also, the additional numbers you cite are
    too long. They should only be in the form of '0x00000000'
    which is only 8 characters after '0x' not 16 characters.

    And many of the errors also cite a file name.

    Kue2 wrote:

    > Blue screen today
    > From the blue screen:
    >
    > Captured this info from Blue Screen
    >

    > Page_fault_IN_Nonpaged_area
    >
    > Stop:0x00000050,0xffffffffffffffe0,0x0000000000000000,0xfffff80001c59eca,0x00000000000000000.
    >

    > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> Kue2
    >>
    >> You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
    >> reporting service. This is useless here.
    >>
    >> You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.
    >>
    >> Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the
    >> Event Viewer.exe.
    >>
    >> In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look
    >> for any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue
    >> screen error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the
    >> error message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower
    >> left. Paste the results back here in a reply.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Ronnie Vernon
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >>> Product
    >>> Windows
    >>>
    >>> Problem
    >>> Shut down unexpectedly
    >>>
    >>> Date
    >>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
    >>>
    >>> Status
    >>> Report Sent
    >>>
    >>> Problem signature
    >>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    >>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    >>> Locale ID: 4105
    >>>
    >>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
    >>> available)
    >>> Mini050807-01.dmp
    >>> sysdata.xml

    Theo, May 9, 2007
  16. Hi,

    there are many indications that this could be a Hardware problem - consider
    how the two of you are using the machine differently (which app's are
    running). Starting up and shutting down and logging on and off typically
    raises the temperatures noticeably. You won't see it unless you have
    external diagnostic display. If the machine is already hotter when your wife
    logs off that could trip it.

    A while ago someone here (I cannot remember who) managed to convince me that
    you could arm yourself with a hairdryer and 'spot heat' the internals - I
    thought it sounded a bit violent, but it is true - one thing shouldn't fail
    significantly before any other - running a chip hot over time will reduce
    it's lifetime - used as a diagnostic the part shouldn't fail from heat
    alone. If the same part fails repetedly from the treatment, that's your
    culprit!<

    It seems to me, you can spend a lot of time waiting for someone to come up
    with a solution, provoking the failure could be rewarding in itself.

    While you're making up your mind, this guy is actually giving a reasonable
    explanation to what it's all about:

    http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=335

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 9, 2007
  17. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Tks Theo the possibilities are endless....lol I uninstalled the video
    drivers I loaded & went back to the ones that installed with Vista. I'll see
    if that makes a difference. I can run all day without a hitch, wife logs me
    off Logs on.
    She does a lot of surfing with IE. The programs she has loaded are the same
    as the ones I use. This problem did not appear until we were using Vista
    for a couple months.Been trying to track it down ever since. Theo do u know
    of a program that can test the video memory on a graphics card?

    Kue2, May 10, 2007
  18. Kue2

    NotMe Guest

    It's rare, but I have seen the cache memory on the CPU fail and cause the
    same error messages as having bad RAM.

    --
    A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

    Change Alpha to Numeric to reply

    NotMe, May 10, 2007
  19. Kue2

    Theo Guest

    Unfortunately I have not been able to locate one that
    specifically tests and reports on the status of the video
    memory. Most of what I have ran across are just programs
    that test your video memory by displaying different
    patterns. I really don't know if they give you some sort of
    error if there is a problem with the memory, or if you're
    just supposed to be able to tell by looking at the patterns.

    Theo, May 10, 2007
  20. Kue2

    John E Guest

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > Product
    > Windows
    >
    > Problem
    > Shut down unexpectedly
    >
    > Date
    > 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
    >
    > Status
    > Report Sent
    >
    > Problem signature
    > Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    > Locale ID: 4105
    >
    > Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
    > available)
    > Mini050807-01.dmp
    > sysdata.xml
    > Version.txt
    >
    > Extra information about the problem
    > BCCode: 50
    > BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
    > BCP2: 0000000000000000
    > BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
    > BCP4: 0000000000000000
    > OS Version: 6_0_6000
    > Service Pack: 0_0
    > Product: 256_1
    > Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
    >
    > Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
    > data????

    Hi Kue2,

    I can't help you with this. I get a blue screen nearly every day with Vista
    64. I suspect Nvidia drivers. I suspect my RAID array. I suspect that Vista
    isn't quite up to scratch. I delete all the minidmp files (after they have
    been reported to Microsoft). I doubt whether Microsoft has any control over
    these errors - it is down to the drivers for the hardware.

    Lets hope they sort it out soon.

    John.

    John E, May 10, 2007