    card/memory?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Vincent

    Vincent Wonnacott, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Vincent Wonnacott

    nUt Guest

    "Vincent Wonnacott" <> wrote in message
    news:ci96dh$qgv$...
    > I have tried several times with a clean installation on a machine and keep
    > getting a stop error blue screen after about 20 minutes into the install,
    > with a number of error codes.
    >
    > Is this likely to be hardware, and if so am I right in pinpointing

    graphics
    > card/memory?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

    Run memtest http://www.memtest86.com/ to determine whether the memory is
    faulty.

    A little more info would be useful... specific error message, xp version,
    original/cdr media, at which point the install fails, pc spec, etc.

    nUt, Sep 15, 2004

  3. "> Run memtest http://www.memtest86.com/ to determine whether the memory is
    > faulty.
    >
    > A little more info would be useful... specific error message, Not sure as

    not at machine - but is a critical stop error...

    xp version - xp pro sp1

    > original/cdr media, cdr

    at which point the install fails, not sure if a specific point but seems to
    be soon after setting region

    pc spec, etc. - XP1800 cpu, 512PC133 - Unbranded, not sure of board again as
    not at machine

    sorry can be of no further use - do have some spare memory so will try that.

    Vincent Wonnacott, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Vincent Wonnacott

    Billy Guest

    > I have tried several times with a clean installation on a machine and

    keep
    > getting a stop error blue screen after about 20 minutes into the

    install,
    > with a number of error codes.
    >
    > Is this likely to be hardware, and if so am I right in pinpointing

    graphics
    > card/memory?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >

    > Vincent

    Run the compatibility check from the CD.
    Unhook scanners, printers, usb devices, and other devices until after
    the install.
    What are the error messages?

    Billy, Sep 15, 2004