    dvd is out of print and that it's selling for upwards of $45 on ebay.
    wtf happened here?

    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Jan 6, 2005

  2. "Ed Kim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > so maybe i missed it, but i just found out that the Blues Brothers CE
    > dvd is out of print and that it's selling for upwards of $45 on ebay.
    > wtf happened here?
    >
    > -goro-

    I wondered why it was so cheap at Wal-Mart...
    michael wheeler, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Ed  Kim

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Ed
    Kim <> wrote:

    > so maybe i missed it, but i just found out that the Blues Brothers CE
    > dvd is out of print and that it's selling for upwards of $45 on ebay.
    > wtf happened here?

    As one of the early dvd releases, sales slowed enough that the studio
    stopped printing more. After a little bit they'll re-release it, either
    at a cheaper price, with different extras, or in HD. It's selling on
    ebay because people are stupid :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Ed  Kim

    Ed Kim Guest

    Invid Fan wrote:
    > In article <>,

    Ed
    > Kim <> wrote:
    >
    > > so maybe i missed it, but i just found out that the Blues Brothers

    CE
    > > dvd is out of print and that it's selling for upwards of $45 on

    ebay.
    > > wtf happened here?
    > >

    > As one of the early dvd releases, sales slowed enough that the studio
    > stopped printing more. After a little bit they'll re-release it,

    either
    > at a cheaper price, with different extras, or in HD. It's selling on
    > ebay because people are stupid :)

    acutally, this is the newer release that release about 6months ago ro
    so from Universal. i remember seeing TONS of them at BestBuy for $14
    each (along with ANIMAL HOUSE DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION EDITION which
    release around teh same time). I mean, i'm glad i have mine, but,
    geez, for $50, i might just sell it! :)

    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Ed  Kim

    Ed Kim Guest

    Invid Fan wrote:
    > In article <>,

    Ed

    Ed Kim, Jan 6, 2005
  6. "Ed Kim" <> wrote in message

    > Invid Fan wrote:
    > > In article <>,

    > Ed
    > > Kim <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > so maybe i missed it, but i just found out that the Blues Brothers

    > CE
    > > > dvd is out of print and that it's selling for upwards of $45 on

    > ebay.
    > > > wtf happened here?
    > > >

    > > As one of the early dvd releases, sales slowed enough that the studio
    > > stopped printing more. After a little bit they'll re-release it,

    > either
    > > at a cheaper price, with different extras, or in HD. It's selling on
    > > ebay because people are stupid :)
    > >

    > acutally, this is the newer release that release about 6months ago ro
    > so from Universal. i remember seeing TONS of them at BestBuy for $14
    > each (along with ANIMAL HOUSE DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION EDITION which
    > release around teh same time). I mean, i'm glad i have mine, but,
    > geez, for $50, i might just sell it! :)
    >
    > -goro-

    I see BB selling for under $10.00 everywhere I go (Canada). If someone is
    selling it for $50.00 on ebay get me the client list so I can talk them into
    investing into my reversable dust bunny catcher. This is a fancy looking
    napkin that collects dust bunny's...and happens to be reversable in case you
    want to pass it off as a classy addition to your dining table. I have some
    investors in Nigeria that have told me they will send money.
    Tad Bitt§ï£, Jan 8, 2005
  7. Ed  Kim

    Joe Blow Guest

    Ed Kim wrote:

    > so maybe i missed it, but i just found out that the Blues Brothers CE
    > dvd is out of print and that it's selling for upwards of $45 on ebay.
    > wtf happened here?
    >
    > -goro-

    What you should do is rent is from some video store for a few
    bucks, burn it, and you'll have your own cheap copy right here
    and now. No need to wait for some bullshit "special edition"
    with mundane interviews of the gaffer and key grip. If you're
    feeling adventurous, you can even burn a few extra copies
    (supplying good reproductions of the DVD insert and label, of
    course) and sell them for $35 apiece on ebay.

    Ciao,
    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 8, 2005